onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brighton cup tickets

grebovale

Advert

£8K a month? That is utter madness! What happened to the days of when your £20 note at the turnstile was your ticket? Always thought the old style turnstile staff were semi-volunteers that were paid a few quid and then given free admission at about ten past 3.The queues then were shorter and quicker than since all this scanning bar-codes nonsense.

Progression? Not at £8K a month it aint! We could pay a very decent extra player that amount.

This has been discussed at length, suffice to say it was a totally unnecessary and unduly expensive contract to get into.

Paul Wildes implemented this beauty when he shared Norman's wallet.

Quite why he thought a club with our crowds needed this is anybody's guess (even if we had achieved the nonsensical 7900 a week).

It probably benefits dozens rather than hundreds of people. It's a complete waste of money.

I'm trying to buy a Brighton ticket online. I've looked on the official site and on ticketmaster (can't see a link on official to ticketmaster?!?) and can find no trace of anywhere I can purchase the tickets from.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone send me a link?

I'm trying to buy a Brighton ticket online. I've looked on the official site and on ticketmaster (can't see a link on official to ticketmaster?!?) and can find no trace of anywhere I can purchase the tickets from.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone send me a link?

On Vale Site, click on "Tickets", then "On Line Tickets", Scroll down to Brighton (Oldham not yet deleted)

Managed to find it by googling port vale online tickets. Still can't find a direct link from the official site. Anyway, apparently there is only one available seat in the section I sit in ( i find that hard to believe), there is no option for me to print my own ticket, they want to charge me £1 to post and £1 for using my debit card, thus making my ticket £20.

**** that right off. I'll just do it old school and head up to the ticket office.

Managed to find it by googling port vale online tickets. Still can't find a direct link from the official site. Anyway, apparently there is only one available seat in the section I sit in ( i find that hard to believe), there is no option for me to print my own ticket, they want to charge me £1 to post and £1 for using my debit card, thus making my ticket £20.

**** that right off. I'll just do it old school and head up to the ticket office.

In the absence of a club guide, perhaps a ST who has bought their own seat on line, could give an explanation of how to do it. I gave up and bought it by telephone.

I received a reply to my email this morning, if you are a season ticket holder and book online your Brighton ticket is automatically loaded onto your season ticket card and you use the card as normal to gain entry on Saturday. If you are not a season ticket holder and you book online you can have your ticket posted or you can collect it from the ticket office.Hope this is a help to everyone.

I think it's human error not the system

But they aren't all human errors. Is this system really 8 grand a months worth better than the old one? I don't think so. They could have easily got one better and cheaper, Ticketmaster are top dollar and good if you sell as many as Premier League clubs, but we don't.

I'm not saying this is happening but just wanted to throw it out there... With my fraud hat on.

Say I'm a turnstile operator and want to make a few extra bob with letting my mates through the turnstile at say a tenner a piece!

So...When I personally go through the gate I take no notice whatsoever at the person scanning my ticket so I wouldn't know it it was accepted or rejected..

So as a turnstile operator... Say it was accepted on the little gadget they have but I tell the person there is a problem and it was rejected and they'll have to go back to the ticket office to get it re validated... So I've now scanned a valid ticket and not let the turnstile go around that would reconcile with the scanned tickets... I can now get my mate in without a ticket if he goes me a few quid?!

If I'm a customer at the ticket office who is now very annoyed given I've missed 10 mins of the game, I suspect they just solve the problem by applying the game again and off you go back to get in...

Not saying it's happening, but could be a possible start of a very small fry problem that get some dodgy person a few extra quid. One to watch Port Vale!

I suspect they allocate a terminal to a numbered turnstile so they could get a view from the data as to how many the ticket office have to revalidate, already validated and accepted cards/tickets...

Anyway well looking forward to Te game! :-)

I'm not saying this is happening but just wanted to throw it out there... With my fraud hat on.

Say I'm a turnstile operator and want to make a few extra bob with letting my mates through the turnstile at say a tenner a piece!

So...When I personally go through the gate I take no notice whatsoever at the person scanning my ticket so I wouldn't know it it was accepted or rejected..

So as a turnstile operator... Say it was accepted on the little gadget they have but I tell the person there is a problem and it was rejected and they'll have to go back to the ticket office to get it re validated... So I've now scanned a valid ticket and not let the turnstile go around that would reconcile with the scanned tickets... I can now get my mate in without a ticket if he goes me a few quid?!

If I'm a customer at the ticket office who is now very annoyed given I've missed 10 mins of the game, I suspect they just solve the problem by applying the game again and off you go back to get in...

Not saying it's happening, but could be a possible start of a very small fry problem that get some dodgy person a few extra quid. One to watch Port Vale!

I suspect they allocate a terminal to a numbered turnstile so they could get a view from the data as to how many the ticket office have to revalidate, already validated and accepted cards/tickets...

Anyway well looking forward to Te game! :-)

But the Ticket Office would know that the ticket had been bought, presented to the scanner and acknowledged so that it could not be used by anyone else. They would ask which turnstile had been used, case solved. We do have a countryman of Poirot now on the staff.

Archived