onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brighton cup tickets

grebovale

Your season ticket seat is reserved for you to book on-line until the tickets go on general sale. As it's not exactly been explained to us however I can see plenty of people having to move an errant fan from their seat or even just choosing to sit elsewhere.

Advert

Hate to buck the trend but I buy my ticket every week from Ticketmaster print it off at home, never had a problem, and no queuing.

When I've just bought 3 online, it didn't give me the option to print at home, just post or collect at ticket office.

Yesterday , before going to the Bulls, I purchased my Brighton Ticket , having my ST electronically updated at the Ticket Office. Having a heavy dose of Manflu, by the time I had reached the turstile at about 2.50 having parked on Newport Lane , walked to the Bulls and then to the ground, I was leg weary and out of breath.

I passed my ST to the Turnstile operator who said it was not valid. I explaine to him I had only just used it in the TO and showed my receipt . He went to find his supervisor, this was already causing a tailback at the gate. The supervisor was less use than a chocolate teapot and said I would have to sort it myself. Obviously Kick off was approaching. Despite others suggesting I should be let in the supervisor made her jobsworth stand. In a state of exhaustion and very bad temper I trudged round to the main entrance, only to be turned away. I then had to walk round to the ticket office again and was confronted with a large queue! Fortunately their was a queueless enquiry window and the staff began to check it out. Just then Smurf walked by. His reaction was immediate and positive. I'll take him round myself was the solution. Excellent reaction / customer service. However the ticket office lady said it would only take a couple of minutes to sort and it did. She said the ticket had never been properly scanned and to try it again , but she gave me a paper ticket just in case. Again, very well done. HOWEVER I reached the turnstile , having made a complete and unneccessary circuit , exhausted and having missed 10 minutes of the game. THis I will never get back. (Cue comments of you didnt miss anything).

Turnstile staff and in particular their supervisors have to be properly briefed to deal with this sort of incident in the future and systems put in place to deal with it. I admit I lost my temper in a non violent way but if this happened to the "wrong" person it could have sparked an incident.

A big thumbs up to the TO staff and to Smurf but a big thumbs down to the supervisor who showed no initiative and no thought of customer care.

I've heard of this happening to other folk,hope this is human error which sounds like it is,I agree with you that turnstile operators should be told that there could be possible problems and fans should take their card/receipt with them to the game on Saturday

Sounds like a few had problems using their ST to get in the ground yesterday,think we ort to take our receipt with us Saturday just incase there is further problems,let's hope the turnstile op are told there could be possible problems with ST cards and let fans in to be checked by stewards inside the ground

This is why I'll be getting a paper ticket for the cup - I'm sure it will be easy for the turnstile operator to say I haven't paid for Brighton as nothing has been updated. I'd only have to take the receipt anyway as proof so may as well have a paper ticket.

Had the same conversation with mates yesterday.We decided getting tickets was probably the best option.

I think giving a paper receipt avoids all the hassle whilst the system is settling in, either a receipt at the TO, or Email receipt if bought on line. I know we may not have many more cup ties this season, but there is also the possibility of a play off at home.

Had the same conversation with mates yesterday.We decided getting tickets was probably the best option.

As has been already posted.When you pay for the Brighton game your season ticket card is updated and you also get a receipt to show you have paid.

So get it on your ticket.IF there is a problem show your receipt.

This is why I'll be getting a paper ticket for the cup - I'm sure it will be easy for the turnstile operator to say I haven't paid for Brighton as nothing has been updated. I'd only have to take the receipt anyway as proof so may as well have a paper ticket.

After reading the comments on here I think I will be getting a paper ticket too just in case

What are they checking for? STs that have been cancelled, STs that have already been used at that game, STs that do not have the cup game loaded on? What scale of fraud is expected? I would have thought a tolerant attitude for the game would ease people`s fears, after all are not the STs the core income to the club, although STs are not suitable for everyone. However play it safe, take a receipt.

I don't see how it can be suggested that the ticket wasn't scanned properly, Surely it is either scanned or not.? I omitted to mention on my previous post that when I had the Brighton game added to my Season ticket my reason for being in the office was to collect a refund as I had been double charged when buying online for the previous round. Obviously there wil be issues with any system but if as Norman says we are stuck with it then it's how they deal with issues as they arise. In my case I felt that the ticket office were helpful and eficient, maybe a voice link of some sort between turnstiles and ticket office would work to minimise discontent should any turnstile issues arise.

Archived