onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another 2 Loanees Incoming?

OakhillDave

Advert

This taken from a Wycombe forum about Knott.

As he has said he won't sign a new contract at Sunderland and there is NO WAY he would make that level anyway maybe he has his people looking for a longer term home.

As for his time at Wycombe I don't think he has improved. He started off really well, dipped and then has hit a level of mediocrity. If you were Sunderland and you were looking to ship loanees out to develop them then this has not been a triumph IMHO. He may have learnt certain things about football in the real world but I don't think we have aided his career as much as we have with some loanees in the past.

I see that Knott was only a sub for most of his last month at Wycombe, not even getting off the bench in a couple of games. Doesn't seem to have been a roaring success at a struggling League 2 club.

I see that Knott was only a sub for most of his last month at Wycombe, not even getting off the bench in a couple of games. Doesn't seem to have been a roaring success at a struggling League 2 club.

Really ? .................As soon as Grebo said sign him up I thought there may be a downside !:laugh:Especially with Grebo's judgement :laugh:

Robertson isnt great, but Mccombe would be horrific in this division.

Agreed. I loved Boom, but he is a standard L2 player. Even he knows that. That's why when Hereford gotpromoted he came to us, when we got promoted he went elsewhere etc.

Robertson is the L1 equivalent of McCombe. We'll have to improve in the long run but for now and the next few seasons of what could be consolidation, he's good enough.

Archived