onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are two quality players on there way to VP for assault on the playoffs?

1977Valiant

Advert

Will TUPE stop micky being offered less than he is already on? I know someone who was on a massive wage for the job he did and when new owners took the business over they could not legally touch his wage.

Short answer is NO. TUPE only affects transfer of existing contracts what is being discussed here is a new contract. Those negotiations need to be agreed between the parties involved. Personally I think MA will walk into another job with his current conditions and we'd be short-sighted not to offer him something competitive. Do we want to progress or not?

Were on desperate need of a

Good ball playing centre half and an experienced centre midfielder to organise and do similar to what Chris lines can do.

I know smurf won't keep putting his own money into the club but if we did sign a couple of lads like this I think we could go close to the play offs.

Over the course of the season this side (squad) will run out of steam and will not good enough to get into the playoffs without 2 more quality additions in my view.

If we did fall short with what we've got and finish mid table then I'd still be happy with our first season back in league 1 but what happens next season with Micky Adams' contract saga?

What happens if we lose lines and Dickinson to cut further costs then we will be in trouble.

Second season is always the hardest when you have to tighten your belts with trimming the squad of the quality players on good wages.

Were doing great now but that could all change very very quickly.

Were on desperate need of a

Good ball playing centre half and an experienced centre midfielder to organise and do similar to what Chris lines can do.

I know smurf won't keep putting his own money into the club but if we did sign a couple of lads like this I think we could go close to the play offs.

Over the course of the season this side (squad) will run out of steam and will not good enough to get into the playoffs without 2 more quality additions in my view.

If we did fall short with what we've got and finish mid table then I'd still be happy with our first season back in league 1 but what happens next season with Micky Adams' contract saga?

What happens if we lose lines and Dickinson to cut further costs then we will be in trouble.

Second season is always the hardest when you have to tighten your belts with trimming the squad of the quality players on good wages.

Were doing great now but that could all change very very quickly.

We only have to look at Crewe to see what can happen

"...and we'd be short-sighted not to offer him something competitive." (soothsayer)

...This may well be true, but do we, as fans, know what the salary offer would need to be in order to be competitive in this division? Perhaps MA's salary is already well up there compared with others in Div 1. Do any of us fans have any idea what other managers in our division earn? And more to the point, does NS know? In the end, it may well just boil down to the simple fact that we can't afford to be competitive.

`

"...and we'd be short-sighted not to offer him something competitive." (soothsayer)

...This may well be true, but do we, as fans, know what the salary offer would need to be in order to be competitive in this division? Perhaps MA's salary is already well up there compared with others in Div 1. Do any of us fans have any idea what other managers in our division earn? And more to the point, does NS know? In the end, it may well just boil down to the simple fact that we can't afford to be competitive.

`

Gates are a reasonable indication in this league, but clubs can be run poorly or very well, a few like Brentford have a wealthy fan. Surely mid-way is possible?

Gates are a reasonable indication in this league, but clubs can be run poorly or very well, a few like Brentford have a wealthy fan. Surely mid-way is possible?

...I agree, Fosse, mid-table should be comfortably attainable on our budget. I was really trying to comment on what offer salary-wise we could afford to make to MA if Norman wants to ensure he stays, bearing in mind we would need to up his current salary. Personally, I think MA will choose to leave...and I don't suppose he'll be short of offers; whether clubs in Div1 or 2 will be able to offer him what Bratt reportedly tempted him back with is a different matter.

Lines would be a big loss but Dicko could be replaced and for less money.

Agree with you there. Lines is and will be class. Afraid to admit Dicko has had a few dreadful games recently and he has caught the Vale-enteritus bug in not tackling! Time after time all of the back 4 simply back off and let opponents run at them. Incredible how we've forgotten basic rules of defending!

Agree with you there. Lines is and will be class. Afraid to admit Dicko has had a few dreadful games recently and he has caught the Vale-enteritus bug in not tackling! Time after time all of the back 4 simply back off and let opponents run at them. Incredible how we've forgotten basic rules of defending!

Considering Adams was a defender it amazes me the amount of back peddling Yates does...............

Archived