onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2014 World Cup draw

For Us All

Advert

England are in Pot 4.

Pot 1 (top eight seeds): Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Belgium, Colombia, Germany, Switzerland, Uruguay.

Pot 2: Ivory Coast, Ghana, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chile, Ecuador.

Pot 3: Japan, Iran, South Korea, Australia, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras.

Pot 4: Bosnia-Hercegovina, Croatia, England, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, France.

The balls will be drawn by famous players from previous tournament.These will include England's 1966 hat-trick hero Sir Geoff Hurst,France's Zinedine Zidane,Brazil's Cafu and Italy's Fabio Cannavaro.

England could do well. I fancy them for the semi-finals and then who knows? Belgium won't win it but they will cause a few problems.

I think countries like Columbia, Chile and Uruguay are far more of a threat than Belgium, plus of course Argentina and Brazil. Please God that I am wrong, but I suspect we will see an all-South American final, Brazil against either Argentina or Columbia wouldn't surprise me.

The draw is a disgrace. Netherlands not as good as Switzerland despite their qualifying results (have a look). Absolute joke, and could see a group with Brazil, Netherlands, England and a more than useful USA (if England get predrawn across into pot 2).

Of course, if the stadia continue to fail deadlines it could still be moved to a proper set of venues in Europe, Asia or Australia.

I think countries like Columbia, Chile and Uruguay are far more of a threat than Belgium, plus of course Argentina and Brazil. Please God that I am wrong, but I suspect we will see an all-South American final, Brazil against either Argentina or Columbia wouldn't surprise me.

The draw is a disgrace. Netherlands not as good as Switzerland despite their qualifying results (have a look). Absolute joke, and could see a group with Brazil, Netherlands, England and a more than useful USA (if England get predrawn across into pot 2).

Of course, if the stadia continue to fail deadlines it could still be moved to a proper set of venues in Europe, Asia or Australia.

If it is moved will it have to go to a country already qualified for the finals? Also will the seedings be changed as am i right in thinking hosts get seeded?

If it is moved will it have to go to a country already qualified for the finals? Also will the seedings be changed as am i right in thinking hosts get seeded?

Yes, and yes, but......

It won't be moved but it might cost Brazil a few 'sweeties' to keep it for being so late and such a shambles. Hardly a fit group of people to run a world cup. The alleged corruption in FIFA in the past is legendary, no reason why this should be any different according to some people (allegedly of course).

Read an article yesterday saying it wasn't as much as who you were drawn with in the group but which group you ended up in. Apparently there are two groups based in the south where it will be much cooler and suitable for a North European country like England whereas the groups based in the North will be subject to extreme high temps., even in winter.

A proper set of venues like Asia or Australia? How many stadiums do you suppose are big enough in Australia to host a World Cup at short notice, either in terms of pitch dimensions (don't forget the 2 most popular sports in Australia are played on oval pitches) or in terms of capacity? I reckon you could count them on the fingers of one hand.

A proper set of venues like Asia or Australia? How many stadiums do you suppose are big enough in Australia to host a World Cup at short notice, either in terms of pitch dimensions (don't forget the 2 most popular sports in Australia are played on oval pitches) or in terms of capacity? I reckon you could count them on the fingers of one hand.

And this statement is based on a 'gut' feeling no doubt, when just a few seconds research by googling 'Australian sports stadium' would have shown you that there are many over 40,000 and some 50,000 some 60,000 and 100,000 that are already used for association football (sometimes as well as other sports). The pitch areas allow interchange of sports, oval or otherwise.

Of course, it could depend how many fingers you have on that hand.

Australia / NZ deserve a world cup at some point and will eventually get one, maybe about 2046 at this rate.

Yes, and yes, but......

It won't be moved but it might cost Brazil a few 'sweeties' to keep it for being so late and such a shambles. Hardly a fit group of people to run a world cup. The alleged corruption in FIFA in the past is legendary, no reason why this should be any different according to some people (allegedly of course).

I still think that England should have been awarded this World Cup, after doing more than any other country to ensure safety standards / facilities at all stadiums. Looks like it is a right mess in Brazil.

Archived