onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jordan Hugill

boltonsno1

Advert

He scored for northern Ireland youth and trained with the first team on top of scoring a cracker against chester. Think he needs to keep his feet on the ground and I would still send him out on loan to help his development

So he scored a few in junior football, as I said, trained with an international team who are probably about League 1 standard, and scored a good goal against a team who were hurtling towards oblivion. You'll have to forgive me for not getting that upset that he doesn't play for us any more.

I agree that Hugill needs to keep his feet on the ground, but the early signs are very promising. I think he would certainly benefit from going to a league club if he does go out on loan, having had a prolific spell in the Conference earlier this year.

I thought that Ben W had a decent game yesterday. He covers every blade of grass and he and Pope created numerous problems for their central defenders.

Hugill, I hope, is brought along slowly and carefully without any trumpets and fanfare because so often - as in the past - we've had very high expectations of a few young lads and they've all disappointed and disappeared from league football. let Adams play him here and there when he thinks fit but he does look decent and as others have said seems a bit like a young Bob Newton with perhaps a bit more mobility. Great to see his face after he'd scored the 'winner' yesterday.

He scored for northern Ireland youth and trained with the first team on top of scoring a cracker against chester. Think he needs to keep his feet on the ground and I would still send him out on loan to help his development

Remember LAwrie couldn't hack it in league 2 (or lower), where as Hugill is showing promise in league 1. Still a long way from being the next best thing, but nice to be able to talk positively about one of our youngsters again.

Well taken goal from the lad and glad he didn't pass the ball to pope as I would have feared for the safety of the bycars spectators...

Glad we seem to now have 4 strikers that look dangerous. We need to pick the best combination of strikers dependant on the opposition we are facing and this doesnt always need to be Tom plus another all the time.

Seen the goal today. What a cool, composed finish and movement to get himself into that position in the 1st place.

He was excellent against Crawley and when he came on last Monday.

Too early to say he is gonna be a sensation long term, but he isn't doing himself and harm! Great start to his career and a very good find by George Foster.

Someone on P&G said he reminds him of a young Lee Mills. I think that isn't far of the mark! Not quite got the quality of Mills, but give him time and i reckon he could.

Remember LAwrie couldn't hack it in league 2 (or lower), where as Hugill is showing promise in league 1. Still a long way from being the next best thing, but nice to be able to talk positively about one of our youngsters again.

Neither could pope hack it for every season apart from last in league 2 to be fair. Its good headache for MA to have but what im saying is that we have been here before with players that offer potential. As I say a season on loan will raise his profile and test him over 90 mins week in and week out

I have no doubt that he is a find. my only worry is that we are all looking at him to be the next big thing. How log will it be before we have a bad patch and people start to critisise Adams for not playing him whether he is ready or not?

Tell you what, I was at Crawley and Shortwood and he's dangerous and physical. He holds the ball up well which was why he was a good option under pressure like today. He's got the raw talent... Develop him and he will be good for us. Went to see Whitby his old club as my Grandad played for them and was chatting to their fans a month ago about him and they said he had plenty of raw talent. Playing with Hughes in training etc will only help too.

Nice post. I def agree about Hughes - if Hughesy doesn't make too many appearances this season but uses his experience to get the best out of Hugill, he will have done us a big favour. What a great prospect.

Anyone else notice Ryan Burge on that list? :unsure:

TBH, apart from one lad who ended up at Watford, the highest rated side any of them have played for is Vale.

Yep noticed that as well, although Burge, Willo and Hugill turned out to be decent players at league 1 and 2 level, the glenn hoddle academy doesn't appear to have produced many other successes.

Archived