onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jordan Hugill

boltonsno1

Advert

Tell you what, I was at Crawley and Shortwood and he's dangerous and physical. He holds the ball up well which was why he was a good option under pressure like today. He's got the raw talent... Develop him and he will be good for us. Went to see Whitby his old club as my Grandad played for them and was chatting to their fans a month ago about him and they said he had plenty of raw talent. Playing with Hughes in training etc will only help too.

Surprised theres no thread about him today.

First ever league goal, and hopefully proof that the development squad will work. Saw him make his debut at Crawley, and thought he deserved a goal there.

Well done Jordan, hopefully the first of many.

Saw the goal last night and Hugill was very composed when he took the goal,it just shows that the development squad could well produce a couple of special players and be well worth keeping,hopefully Hugill will become a very saleable asset in time,i hope he gets given a contract soon(2yrs on top of this season)

Jumping the gun a bit but if he does live up to his potential, will be nice not having to sell below the odds due to the club's poor finances as was the case with A.Gardner and others. Should at least be able hold out for a decent fee. Not sure what contract he has but if Adams does rate him so highly should be looking at tying him to the club for at least 2 years.

Jumping the gun a bit but if he does live up to his potential, will be nice not having to sell below the odds due to the club's poor finances as was the case with A.Gardner and others. Should at least be able hold out for a decent fee. Not sure what contract he has but if Adams does rate him so highly should be looking at tying him to the club for at least 2 years.

I think he is on a 12mth deal like all the development squad players and I agree on his value,i think Smurf will be a Chairman who will push for the best deal going unlike others who were desperate to bring a couple of quid in.

I thought he raised his foot to block the clearance rather than leaving his foot in. Winfield spun round, hit the deck and got him booked.

Newton's a bit before my time but I've seen pictures of him and when I first saw Hugill I wondered if comparisons would be drawn, mainly due to their physique.

I certainly like the looks of 'Huggy' Hugill he is quick tall can head the ball, looks brave and clearly has an eye for goal. I think that he and Tom Pope could terrorise defences in the future because off crosses and corners defenders wouldn't know who to mark.

He needs monitoring then if he continues to flourish get him on a long contract to keep the vultures at bay.

Regarding the 'foot up' incident did anyone else notice how Popey urged their man to get up and obviously helped f the lad not to get sent off.

He seems to score goals whatever grade of football he plays in and that must bode well for his future.

Natural goalscorers are a very, very rare breed and this lad appears to have that instinct. He is big, bold and fearsome and for a centre forward you can ask no more.

I said yesterday he reminded me of a young Bob Newton/Lee mix and if that proves so then we do have a diamond on our hands.

As Adams has now realised Vale have a raw nugget I would like to think we look after the lad and get him under a long term contract and work on him to ensure we keep him here. Keep the Faith Jordan, stay with us and progress with us.

Tackle was a yellow, nothing more, nothing less. From the Lorne St there appeared to be minimal contact and the centre back was up pretty quickly after the ref had dealt with it.

Took the goal very well, lovely bit of composure to beat the man and just chipped over and around the diving keeper.

Looks to have real enthusiasm for the game and hopefully that first goal will give him some real confidence to kick on. Nice as well that the manager is acknowledging a young talent as well.

I thought he raised his foot to block the clearance rather than leaving his foot in. Winfield spun round, hit the deck and got him booked.

Newton's a bit before my time but I've seen pictures of him and when I first saw Hugill I wondered if comparisons would be drawn, mainly due to their physique.

It's in the shoulders for me, from behind looking at his shoulders and upper body, he's Newtons double!

Archived