Advert

Mediocre Indie Bands You Liked

Santa

Advert

I'm one with Ride

The Telescopes

Darling Buds

The Primitives

Primal Scream were the most over rated band of all time. Jesus and Mary Chain were much better :)

Saw Jesus and Mary Chain at Brixton Academy in about 1989/90 after someone offered me free tickets. Surprisingly (for me) I really enjoyed them.

Was never into Indie

These aren't all 'mediocre', but bands of that ilk that I saw live include:

Suede

Mansun (supported by Gay Dad! Haha!)

Garbage

Wheatus

Eels

Radiohead (twice)

Radiohead at the MEN was the first gig I ever went to in my life, and remains the best even to this day! Absolutely incredible!

Not indie, but I've also seen James Brown perform live in my university refectory a few years back!

Rush

Queen

AC/DC

UFO

Rainbow

Sabbath

Saxon

Maiden

GnR

Levellers

Men Without Hats

G4

Leppard

Kiss

Purple

Van Halen

DLR

Jesus and Mary Chain

MSG

Demon

Motorhead

Trust

Fist

Whitesnake

Radiohead

Thin Lizzy

Gillan

MSG

Praying Mantis

Eloy

Genesis

Bon Jovi (supporting Kiss!!)

Therapy?

Tank

Venom

Slayer

Metallica

ZZ Top

Fish

Marillion

Pixies

Heaven 17

Swing Out Sister

INXS

Sinead O'Connor

Prince

UB40

etc

etc

Nowt to do with Indie but all great live bands that I have seen :)

These aren't mediocre. Just bands I loved and saw live at either the Stage or Keele Uni.

Elastica

Pop will eat itself

Carter USM

Mansun

Therapy?

Gene

Shed Seven

Did you see Mansun at the Stage when they played to about 12 people?!

Credit to them, they really went for it and put everything into it - was actually a decent gig.

I went and I think there was about 30 odd people there. It was the third or fourth time I'd tried to see them there but they kept cancelling. It was the week before 'Stripper Vicar' came out as a single.

The support band were Ether, whose album I bought for a pound in a bargain bin in Tunstall.

Archived