onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Favourite away ground

jeff1966

Advert

As far as grounds go - rather than away results - then days out in London for me..

West Ham - pie and mash, decent pubs and atmospheric tight ground with bags of history.

Millwall - the Old Den, desolate wasteland, a young Teddy Sheringham, very enthusiastic welcome and one to remember! :ghost:

Goodison Park for me. One of the best away days ever. Out playing a Premier League opponent, having a great atmosphere and the last two minutes of the game will forever live with me.

Totally agree.

It was one of a handful of games being played that day (3 or 4 I think) because of the weather. We took a shed loads of support and most were confident we could get something. Having conceded a 2nd in the dying minutes to another Mussey howler we were resigned to a defeat knowing we deserved something when Bogie hit that screamer past a world class keeper via a defenders back.

An added bonus was that the world AND his dog witnessed on TV a very good Vale team brimming with confidence, outplaying the cup holders on their own patch.

Happy days.

Been to about 250 stadiums and grounds and I still prefer the community grounds that are still in the hub of town.

My criteria is pretty much as PaulT's but my first and still the best in a romantic and landscape fashion is Gay Meadow.

Most remote ground visited, Cook Islands national stadium, (my photo in this image stolen without persmission by WS):

223720d1329262306-cook-islands-up-best-avarua_national.jpg

Been to about 250 stadiums and grounds and I still prefer the community grounds that are still in the hub of town.

My criteria is pretty much as PaulT's but my first and still the best in a romantic and landscape fashion is Gay Meadow.

Most remote ground visited, Cook Islands national stadium, (my photo in this image stolen without persmission by WS):

223720d1329262306-cook-islands-up-best-avarua_national.jpg

Newcastle and the Millenium are good community grounds, and plenty in London.

Newcastle and the Millenium are good community grounds, and plenty in London.

Brentford is always a winner, Arsenal is my favourite new 'stadium'. There are scores of non league grounds around that warrant a day out and I think Andy Mac has been to all of them :)

Archived