onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Favourite away ground

jeff1966

Advert

Craven cottage , lovely old ground and was even better when we won 6 nil there

There heaviest home defeat in their history.Boat race was on that Saturday.''Chairman out'' protest that day also.David Bulstrode attempting a merger with QPR.Wanted to call the team Fulham park rangers.The cottage would be turned into houses.Still got the Fulham supporters protest flyer.

The away end at Rotherham's old ground was really good - we took a good following there in the early 90's and the low roof made for a cracking atmosphere.

I also had a love/hate relationship with Turf Moor around the same period.

A proper old fashioned, intimidating away end - penned in with the local nutters within spitting distance of you.

Literally.

The Baseball Ground was the same when they stuck us in the lower tier at the side of the pitch.

When the Derby fans sung "You're going home in a ****ing ambulance" I actually believed them.

Bullves 4 me.

1st went there when we drew 3-3-Andy Thomson scored a peno when you could clearly see the tackle took place outside the box.

Since then lost to 2 Darren Ferguson pennos

Won 1 nil twice-Andy Porter shot & the other was a Tony, Tony Naylor header.

Last visit drew 1-1, Foyley scored.

Always a good atmosphere and fans are sound even though they talk properly.

Awroyte?!!

I love Griffin Park. :yes:

My particular favourite occasion was when several OVF regulars (you know who you are) spent a jolly post-match evening on HMS Onevalefan (the narrow boat Jo and I used to live on in Brentford dock)....

Hahaha...oh yes Rob, and that bruise has never gone away! Remember me trying to persuade Caz (Mrs PaulT) that it really was safe to get on board then promptly falling off the gangplank. One leg on board and the leg hanging in the water or should I say mud! Now that was a jolly evening :laugh:

Archived