onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Owen rejects contract offer

Advert

Guest Tony Dyche

Consistant player for Vale, but made to look better than he is by the crap surrounding him on the pitch from both sides. Could have done a very good job to get us out of this league, but there is no way we can partner him and McCoombe togethor any higher up as it leaves us way too exposed for pace.

Out of the two, I would keep McCoombe anyway.

Sorry to see him go, but not the end of the world as far as I can see.

I would not offer him 3 years if thats what he wants based on what I have said about him and McCoombe so as such I cannot really agree that we should be pushing the boat out for him.

Dear Gareth. I think you were the best player this season, and have selected you for my award at the POTY. After such a decent season, I would like to offer you a lower wage.

We feel this is a very generous offer, one that many Vale fans would be delighted with, especially now that we have 2000 Season tickets on board. I look forward to you signing it.

Sincerely, BIll.

A good player and a top top bloke. Sad to see him go for more than playing reasons. Just hope he gets applauded and not given any crap when he comes back with them next season.

I second that!He was a brave,committed player who must have been gutted when the club appointed Gannon the destroyer, after having previously worked with the idiot.Let's hope someone can finance a better deal for him!

Contracts don't run out until the end of June anyway, so perhaps Owen has rejected this offer in the hope of receiving a better one in the coming weeks. He will certainly need to keep his fingers crossed if he is expecting this Board to come up trumps!

Players usually like to keep their options open as long as they can (Loft and Yates?) as they tend to think they are better than they actually are, and therefore likely to be in demand. Having watched our team this season... well, let them dream.

Was told by a freind of his that he is hoping to stay but needs the same money and believes that the Crewe deal fall short of this also.

Dont ask for names but I was told that he is holding out for the same terms and for a minimum of two years and he does want to stay.

Crewe will have to at least match that, do we believe that they can do it.

This would not change whoever was in charge unless of course the deal is matched.

Am i the only person who thinks hes a total piece of 5 h i t for leaving to go to Crewe? hope he breaks his leg and gets released in 2 years time and plays in the conference for the rest of his career. theres leaving and then there turning down a contract to leave for a local rival. Thats my feelings if he leaves for Crewe, anywhere else then fair play to him

A good player and a top top bloke. Sad to see him go for more than playing reasons. Just hope he gets applauded and not given any crap when he comes back with them next season

I hope he gets ruined if he goes to Crewe. a money orientated Judas using the unrest at the club as an excuse to be a greedy barsteward

Am i the only person who thinks hes a total piece of 5 h i t for leaving to go to Crewe? hope he breaks his leg and gets released in 2 years time and plays in the conference for the rest of his career. theres leaving and then there turning down a contract to leave for a local rival. Thats my feelings if he leaves for Crewe, anywhere else then fair play to him

You hope he breaks a leg:rolleyes:,i do sometimes wonder if some fans deserve a club,sadly these sort of comments have crept in at the Vale,the same as booing players when their names are read out etc.,sad times indeed.

Out of the two, I would keep McCoombe anyway.

Sorry to see him go, but not the end of the world as far as I can see.

I would not offer him 3 years if thats what he wants based on what I have said about him and McCoombe so as such I cannot really agree that we should be pushing the boat out for him.

Totally agree he isnt irreplaceable, in fact if Mo and Co. took over i think he would probably lose his place with better players coming in anyway

Archived