onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

3 Police cars and a Chopper.......

Jimmy

From what I can remember of the law, its been a long time and things change, its not an offense for passengers to drink or be drunk in a motor vehicle, I dont think its an offense to restrict the view from the window of a vehicle provided it does not impede the drivers vision... so unless Im missing something I cant see what they did wrong... it would be interesting to know what the police bill was.

Advert

From what I can remember of the law, its been a long time and things change, its not an offense for passengers to drink or be drunk in a motor vehicle, I dont think its an offense to restrict the view from the window of a vehicle provided it does not impede the drivers vision... so unless Im missing something I cant see what they did wrong... it would be interesting to know what the police bill was.

Perfectly normal behaviour!

The police deployed the resources they felt necessary to protect other motorists form these idiots...we should be grateful

Thats a little harsh.... I dont know what they did, I dont know if they are idiots, they may be, but if all they did was show a flag and say cheers with a can as they passed a coach carrying similar supporters what do we need protection from?

The police deployed the resources they felt necessary to protect other motorists form these idiots...we should be grateful

Thats a little harsh.... I dont know what they did, I dont know if they are idiots, they may be, but if all they did was show a flag and say cheers with a can as they passed a coach carrying similar supporters what do we need protection from?

Exactly! If the driver was not drinking, then is there a problem?! No!

As we approached the ground yesterday, my mates were drinking in the car and had their flag on show; so if I got pulled over and interrogated, I wouldn't have been impressed at all!

***it wasn't me after the game by the way***

Hanging out the window on a Mway/makor road, waving flags out the window, inviting the police to take an interest is idiotic behaviour

Persoanally I'm happy that the police take an interest in risky/idiotic behaviour before an incident occurs and someone gets hurt...hopefully these guys just got a ticking off

Exactly! If the driver was not drinking, then is there a problem?! No!

As we approached the ground yesterday, my mates were drinking in the car and had their flag on show; so if I got pulled over and interrogated, I wouldn't have been impressed at all!

***it wasn't me after the game by the way***

I was pulled obver by the police when I was in Sunderland a few months back as my number plate came up as being one they were intersetd in. It was a major inconvenience as we had an appt and were kept by the road side for 30 mins and it turned out our car didn't match the model they were after..although the nunmber plate did (false plates..not on our car).

I was not remotely bothered as I'm happy for the police to go after people they think might need dealing with and to then find out they aren't; they were just doing their job.

I did not see the incident, Im all up for police doing their job though

I along with Nige Meakin tried to report an assault on Saturday to a police lady inside the ground, we even pointed out the steward who we felt had assulted a lad getting ejected [ they were right to eject him, punching him after dragging him down to the floor was not right though] Amazingly she would not even take a statement and told us to write in.

Amazing when the police choose to carry out their duties and when not to!

Hanging out the window on a Mway/makor road, waving flags out the window, inviting the police to take an interest is idiotic behaviour

Persoanally I'm happy that the police take an interest in risky/idiotic behaviour before an incident occurs and someone gets hurt...hopefully these guys just got a ticking off

Ticked off for what exactly?... inviting the police to take an interest?... as has been shown you only have to be a football fan for the police to take an interest or are we in the realms of ticking people off because its not "normal behavior"

If the were actually breaking the law they should face the consequences of their actions, I have no problem with that at all.

I was pulled obver by the police when I was in Sunderland a few months back as my number plate came up as being one they were intersetd in. It was a major inconvenience as we had an appt and were kept by the road side for 30 mins and it turned out our car didn't match the model they were after..although the nunmber plate did (false plates..not on our car).

I was not remotely bothered as I'm happy for the police to go after people they think might need dealing with and to then find out they aren't; they were just doing their job.

I am all for the police doing their jobs... Im not so keen when the interpretation of their duties includes reacting to something they dont like as opposed to wrong, being selective in the pursuance of their duties, being indiscriminate in their over reactions, interfering [without just cause] with the public going about their lives, ignoring more serious offenses when pursuing minor ones etc etc... not to mention being dishonest, falsifying records, lying, covering things up and so on.

I did not see the incident, Im all up for police doing their job though

I along with Nige Meakin tried to report an assault on Saturday to a police lady inside the ground, we even pointed out the steward who we felt had assulted a lad getting ejected [ they were right to eject him, punching him after dragging him down to the floor was not right though] Amazingly she would not even take a statement and told us to write in.

Amazing when the police choose to carry out their duties and when not to!

Worth considering putting what she said in any statement along with her shoulder number when/if you do report it.

Thankfully on this occasion the bill wasn't Port Vale's! :)

Archived