onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

It's official.

bookworm

Advert

The only advice my father gave me that I listened to was to "P" off... which I did when I was 15... rolled the essentials into a sleeping bag, 3 belts to carry it and I hit the road... best thing he ever said, never looked back.

Wise words indeed, i do like going back for the odd family visit and watching Vale but for me i doubt i would ever live there again.

I tell you yo P off all the time though but you never listen to me! ;)

The very same.

On receiving a letter from a 10 year old Andyregs he phoned us and invited us all down to see him. Smashing chap , and still is.

I can still remember Cheeky saying "Simon Nicol phoned while you were out , says he'll phone back later". Ha ha pull the other one.

Cool story, along similar lines when i was doing a project at primary school i received a similar invitation from Steffi Graf.

Wise words indeed, i do like going back for the odd family visit and watching Vale but for me i doubt i would ever live there again.

I tell you yo P off all the time though but you never listen to me! ;)

Youve never told me while I had you by the throat up the kitchen wall... my father would make hitler look like a member of hare krishner... it was either go or do some serious damage... all a long time ago... he is in his late 80s now and suffers from vascular dementia... still hate him with a passion... still go to see my mother when Im over so cant avoid him.

So, what makes Stoke-on-Trent such a bad place to live? Serious question. I'm interested to find out what folk think on this subject. :yes:

I would suggest a few things;

* State of disrepair of a lot of areas

* Lack of pride in surroundings

* Lack of aspiration amongst the people

* Negative and miserable attitude to life

* Negative and miserable attitude towards change

These are just a few things off the top of my head, people may or may not agree and i could end up with a barrage of abuse but for me happiness and aspiting to be the best you can are the keys to life and i don't see too much of it in S-O-T. I'm a big people watcher and its so obvious, next time you are out in town take 10-15 minutes and look for yourselves.

Don't get me wrong there are some sensational and friendly people who are salt of the earth and would do anything for another but generally locals are a miserable bunch come what may.

Archived