onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reserves get hammered

jjvale_03

OVF webmongs need a scapegoat REP, you know that. It was Griff at the start of the season and as his form has made them choke on their humble pie they've had to spit it out and move into someone else. It's Duffy now, it's be someone else again in a few week. Probably Pope if he doesn't score for 2 games.

With the exception of onestepatatime thats seemingly what it appears to be sadly.

Look at the grief you and I took when Griff was about to re-sign at the start of July, I remember it all to well.

Advert

These 3 players are all good, but as they don't bust a gut, perform two footed lunges or muscle their men off the ball they are castigated by Vale fans who are obsessed with workrate and passion, more than skill.

Exactly. Most Vale fans appear to prefer the mediocrity and indiscipline of one Sam Morsey. Me however would rather have players you can rely and depend on - attitude over ability is what's sometimes required.

Looks like an inspired double substitution on 66mins seeing as we were only 1-0 down then concede 3 between 68 and 73mins.

Sorry we are talking the stiffs filled with injured first teamer's, second string, trialists, etc........Results dunna matter its about giving players a run out......

Duffy is a target of 'he's not strong or quick' criticism at Vale, along with Shuker and Chilvers.

These 3 players are all good, but as they don't bust a gut, perform two footed lunges or muscle their men off the ball they are castigated by Vale fans who are obsessed with workrate and passion, more than skill.

That's a problem with the English football youth system; players rarely make it if they aren't 6 foot by 17 or if they are slow, regardless of talent.

Why do you think the English national team is famed for it's workrate but miles behind Brazil and Spain in terms of techinal ability?

It's because England fans and coaches are obsessed with workrate.

Look at the treatment Chris Lines got when he first got here.

Just to put you, REP and George right I don't scapegoat anybody I just believe from the dozens of times I've seen Duffy he's not good enough and a mile away from how Adam's playing ATM!

As for the other players who I've been been told I don't like is nonsense. I was delighted when Griff signed again as he's always a man you need in a League 1 squad. It still annoys me when people get at him at matches, I had to tell a bloke at Tranmere to shut up moaning. Lines needed time to bed in to a new team, however you could still see the quality he had in his first couple of games. I also think there is a place for Chilvers in the squad maybe not as a regular starter! Shuker is also a sadly under used asset in our squad as he showed (I think it wasin the Bury game) when he came on in the second half and ran the game!

REP I am to young to remember Beckford however Constantine was a delight to watch and one player who didn't get anywhere near the credit he deserved by Vale fans.

I, too am not on a witch hunt for Duffy's head. I have made my feelings well know many times on the subject of Duffy/Yates and all I have is my opinion that Duffy should not be part of Vale's starting line up. I will back him, if picked, as he is a Valiant, BUT I do not have to like him!

I believe that he is a very weak part of any defensive line up we have and others are more worthy of the place in the team. I frankly have not seen enough from him to convince me he will ever be an integral part of Vale's squad, sorry.

Well done Duffy for hanging on so long but come on lads we have better players at the Club to forge a solid defensive formation.:upthevale:

I was there....Duffy CB average.....Jones LB just moaned and cursed and went through the motions NOT interested....Rob Taylor LM, went through the motions NOT interested....Suke's best man on the pitch by far....Lloyd CM went through the motions NOT good enough.....Johnson some terrific saves....Mohammed garbage not interested. First 20 mins Vale looked good,after that they were rubbish against the bottom of the League side.........

I've always felt sorry for Shuker. Never gives less than 100% and I will never forget him paying for free in the dark days.

Looks like he's well down the pecking order and ridiculed by some fans but for me he is a top pro who perhaps needs to move on to see regular football. Bit sad really.

I blame Grew. He forget, as he normally does, to remind all the players through the media that they were playing for a place in Saturday's line up. On the other hand, given Vales recent run of good form, perhaps there aren't any places up for grabs in which case maybe it's not surprising that the players couldn't be a..ed!!

I was there....Duffy CB average.....Jones LB just moaned and cursed and went through the motions NOT interested....Rob Taylor LM, went through the motions NOT interested....Suke's best man on the pitch by far....Lloyd CM went through the motions NOT good enough.....Johnson some terrific saves....Mohammed garbage not interested. First 20 mins Vale looked good,after that they were rubbish against the bottom of the League side.........

agree with all the comments. Thought vales right back( think is name is Alexander) looked useful especially going forward.

Archived