onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reserves get hammered

jjvale_03

Advert

I was there....Duffy CB average.....Jones LB just moaned and cursed and went through the motions NOT interested....Rob Taylor LM, went through the motions NOT interested....Suke's best man on the pitch by far....Lloyd CM went through the motions NOT good enough.....Johnson some terrific saves....Mohammed garbage not interested. First 20 mins Vale looked good,after that they were rubbish against the bottom of the League side.........

I was there....Duffy CB average.....Jones LB just moaned and cursed and went through the motions NOT interested....Rob Taylor LM, went through the motions NOT interested....Suke's best man on the pitch by far....Lloyd CM went through the motions NOT good enough.....Johnson some terrific saves....Mohammed garbage not interested. First 20 mins Vale looked good,after that they were rubbish against the bottom of the League side.........

The worrying thing there for me Jimmy is the fact that so many didn't look interested,do they think that they are too good for the reserves,they cant be that interested in winning a first team spot either.

Has Lloyd's loan at Tamworth ended?

The worrying thing there for me Jimmy is the fact that so many didn't look interested,do they think that they are too good for the reserves,they cant be that interested in winning a first team spot either.

Agreed mate. Question is also why Shukes who seems to be impressing in reserves and cameo appearances in the league can not get a start.

Well it sounds like they've all pushed their way into Page's plans for the weekend - NOT! :doh:

I get the distinct feeling we'll be unchanged for Saturday. :)

I don't see how those that haven't been to the game can single out Duffy, for me its a strong enough defence and indeed midfield 8 in total which should not be conceding 4 goals.

Duffy is the scapegoat at the moment as it seems we always have to have one :( When he played against Carlisle he had a good game and against Orient he was far from poor so i'm not sure why there seems to be a rather unfair witchhunt against him.

I don't see how those that haven't been to the game can single out Duffy, for me its a strong enough defence and indeed midfield 8 in total which should not be conceding 4 goals.

Duffy is the scapegoat at the moment as it seems we always have to have one :( When he played against Carlisle he had a good game and against Orient he was far from poor so i'm not sure why there seems to be a rather unfair witchhunt against him.

Duffy is a target of 'he's not strong or quick' criticism at Vale, along with Shuker and Chilvers.

These 3 players are all good, but as they don't bust a gut, perform two footed lunges or muscle their men off the ball they are castigated by Vale fans who are obsessed with workrate and passion, more than skill.

That's a problem with the English football youth system; players rarely make it if they aren't 6 foot by 17 or if they are slow, regardless of talent.

Why do you think the English national team is famed for it's workrate but miles behind Brazil and Spain in terms of techinal ability?

It's because England fans and coaches are obsessed with workrate.

Look at the treatment Chris Lines got when he first got here.

OVF webmongs need a scapegoat REP, you know that. It was Griff at the start of the season and as his form has made them choke on their humble pie they've had to spit it out and move into someone else. It's Duffy now, it's be someone else again in a few week. Probably Pope if he doesn't score for 2 games.

Duffy is a target of 'he's not strong or quick' criticism at Vale, along with Shuker and Chilvers.

These 3 players are all good, but as they don't bust a gut, perform two footed lunges or muscle their men off the ball they are castigated by Vale fans who are obsessed with workrate and passion, more than skill.

That's a problem with the English football youth system; players rarely make it if they aren't 6 foot by 17 or if they are slow, regardless of talent.

Why do you think the English national team is famed for it's workrate but miles behind Brazil and Spain in terms of techinal ability?

It's because England fans and coaches are obsessed with workrate.

Look at the treatment Chris Lines got when he first got here.

Possibly some truth in that, its a shame, I remember Leon Constantine, Darren Beckford who were both very succesful, possibly more so than their colleagues but received crazy amounts of grief from their own fans and to a lesser extent Nico Jalink was another, cultured player in a crap side who would have shone had he been in one of our promotion winning sides either side of his time here.

Shame really.

Archived