Sign in to follow this  
gavcradd

Best chants of all time?

Vale fans at Watford, the round after we'd beaten Spurs - "He's bald, he's bent, his *rse is up for rent, Elton John, Elton John"

"Oh I do like to be beside the seaside, oh I do like to be beside the sea, oh I do like to stroll along the prom, prom, prom where the brass bands play ****** off West Brom..."

An Arsenal one from my schooldays - "My old man said be a Tottenham fan, I said ****** off, bo**ocks, you're a ******"

Trying to push open the gates at a few grounds in the 80s when they used to keep us behind for 10 mins, to the chant of heave, heave, heave in the tone of the mice off the marvellous mechanical mouse organ in Bagpuss always amused me.

At Pompey Vs Oldham in about 1998, Oldham fans sang...

Gimmee a T

T

Gimmee an I

I

Gimee a T

T

Gimee an S

S

What have you got .. ****

What do you do with them.. Oldham, Oldham, Oldham, Oldham

5 down to villa in the cup in the 80s they were singing we want six. Our reply we want seven. Great gallows humour

Remember that well. We got absolutely soaked through that day but the good humour and singing was relentless from the Vale thousands.. I actually worked in Brum at the time so had all my work mates ribbing me forever about the result. Recall water pouring down Aspin's head like a waterfall!

"We beat the sh!t one nil." - pick the many many matches...

From when I've been to West Ham: "They call him Rio and he dances for West Ham"

West Ham v Sheff Utd and the Blades goalie Paddy Kenny had just had his divorce splashed all over the papers "One man when to shag, went to shag your wife, One man and his dog went to shag your wife... etc etc" He got that all the second half. Felt quite sorry for him.

"Aspin for England"

I quite like " my garden shed is bigger than this............." and the brilliantly random "shoes off if you love the vale" last year away, I can't remember where but there were hundreds of shoes in the air LOL

the utd song for Park though has to be the most imaginative, "Park Park wherever you may be you eat dogs in your own country, it could be worse you could be scouse, eating rats in your council house"

I quite like " my garden shed is bigger than this............." and the brilliantly random "shoes off if you love the vale" last year away, I can't remember where but there were hundreds of shoes in the air LOL

Oxford,the stench was terrible.:D

York away last season when a York player with a receeding hairline went to take a corner:

"We can see you're going bald, we can see you're going bald..."

"Come on Rooney, Come on Rooney"

Player could barely kick it for laughing.

this old arsenal one was pretty imaginative... .Let's talk about Cesc baby, lets talk about Flam-in-i, let's talk about Theo Walcott, Freddie Ljungberg and Henry, let's talk about Cesc.