onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ray walker

Daddy Pig

Just noticed that it is Rays 50th birthday today! Wow, how the time flies. In my opinion, he was the most complete and technically proficient player to have pulled on our shirt in the last 30 years. It may be a bold statement with the likes of guppy, Earle and foyle knocking about, but Ray walker was the catalyst that allowed vale to take it to the next level.

Happy birthday Ray. Not sure what you are doing now, but maybe you could come and give griff some lessons in passing and linesy some tips on aggression as I loved that naughty side of him. That ankle tap on chris waddle still makes me smile today. Totally cynical, but desperately needed!

Advert

Just noticed that it is Rays 50th birthday today! Wow, how the time flies. In my opinion, he was the most complete and technically proficient player to have pulled on our shirt in the last 30 years. It may be a bold statement with the likes of guppy, Earle and foyle knocking about, but Ray walker was the catalyst that allowed vale to take it to the next level.

Happy birthday Ray. Not sure what you are doing now, but maybe you could come and give griff some lessons in passing and linesy some tips on aggression as I loved that naughty side of him. That ankle tap on chris waddle still makes me smile today. Totally cynical, but desperately needed!

Totally fair assessment of a great servant to PV--certainly the best midfielder I've seen in the last 30 years at Vale park!

Totally agree Ray was a class player. Happy birthday Ray.

Ray Walker and Robbie Earl, my all time favourite Vale players, the best midfield combination we have ever had

I remember watching his debut for the Vale when he came on loan. My Dad turned to me at half time and said we have to sign him, he could be the best midfield player we have ever had to pull on a Vale shirt and my Dad had been watching the Vale since 1939! I have not seen a better midfielder since at the Vale. When drawing up all time great Vale teams Walker and Earle are the first two names I put down. Legends is a much abused expression, not when used in reference to Ray Walker and Robbie Earl.

Ray Walker and Robbie Earl, my all time favourite Vale players, the best midfield combination we have ever had

I remember watching his debut for the Vale when he came on loan. My Dad turned to me at half time and said we have to sign him, he could be the best midfield player we have ever had to pull on a Vale shirt and my Dad had been watching the Vale since 1939! I have not seen a better midfielder since at the Vale. When drawing up all time great Vale teams Walker and Earle are the first two names I put down. Legends is a much abused expression, not when used in reference to Ray Walker and Robbie Earl.

Spot on. Happy bothdee Ray!

Archived