onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

pack the park against bristol city

steve boomer

Advert

From the link

"If you're going by trian (I am) it's a 30 minute hike through an area that resembles some of the worst parts of eastern Europe."

"Pubs are a difficult choice. Most are frightening (bars on the windows & doors) or closed. Best bet is the real ale pub about half way between the station & the ground."

Where does he mean?

He means the beautiful stroll up Newcastle Rd into Burslem taking in the culture, architecture and fine dining that is Middleport and its environs, before reaching the oasis of Titanic at the Bulls Head :-)

Regards tickets, I wasn't aware that all normal priced tickets are reduced - including concessions

Got my twin game discount for £35 and convinced the 'ode mon' to get his seniors for £13.50 each..

So, bring a Senior (Dad, Mum, Aunty, Gran or Grandad) for £27 for both games :smurf:

He means the beautiful stroll up Newcastle Rd into Burslem taking in the culture, architecture and fine dining that is Middleport and its environs, before reaching the oasis of Titanic at the Bulls Head :-)

Eeeeh yer conna beat a stroll thru Longport, Middleport and Dale Hall

Is the Travellers Rest still there in Middleport? Could he mean there?I remember the big fella who used to run that 25+ years ago and getting absolutely plastered during one of their beer festivals on a couple of pints of (I think) something alled Caledonian Strong Ale and the Christmas ale that only came in half pints it was so strong.

I'll guess it's a bit different now

He means the beautiful stroll up Newcastle Rd into Burslem taking in the culture, architecture and fine dining that is Middleport and its environs :-)

Indeed. One walks through centuries of history, much as one does in Venice or Rome.

Much of Middleport also used, like Paris, to welcome lovers (so to speak).........

Is the Travellers Rest still there in Middleport? Could he mean there?I remember the big fella who used to run that 25+ years ago and getting absolutely plastered during one of their beer festivals on a couple of pints of (I think) something alled Caledonian Strong Ale and the Christmas ale that only came in half pints it was so strong.

The Travellers was my local before i moved to pastures new. And what a local it was, so friendly, great atmosphere, cracking football side, good grub. I remember going on a stag do where 54 of us went to Amsterdam and stayed on the Boat Hotel. You could walk in there with £500 and come out skint due to all the events, Vale trips, Cards.

Good old days.

The big fella was John Pazio, he co founded Titanic Brewery with Keith, as I recall. My local from '75 to '81 ish

Best ever ale at their beer festivals was a beauty called Godsons Black Horse (GBH), a small brewery from London.

I believe it was brought out by one of the big franchises

and what about Clare and Janets empinadas on a Friday night, ooh er missus.

Happy days

The big fella was John Pazio, he co founded Titanic Brewery with Keith, as I recall. My local from '75 to '81 ish

That's the chap..was just after that when I was going there..probably 82-84.

Best ever ale at their beer festivals was a beauty called Godsons Black Horse (GBH), a small brewery from London.

I believe it was brought out by one of the big franchises

I just vaguely remember the Caledonian Strong and their Christmas Ale, my Dad bless him was a fan of mild and after about one pint of the Caledonian stuff his legs went. I'd forgotten it was the original home of Titanic.

and what about Clare and Janets empinadas on a Friday night, ooh er missus.

i wasn't a regular so don't know about that!!!

There used to be quite a few decent pubs in the Middleport/Longport area..you could have quite a pub crawl making your way from the station to Burslem

Happy days

Happier and simpler

My mind is playing tricks I meant from '75 to '89, when we left Middleport. Original landlord was old man White, then his son Colin and his wife Jean, who then sold it to John and Janet Pazio.

I did a list a while ago from The Railway to Vale Social.

The Railway

The Duke of Bridgewater

Pack Horse

Great Britain

Great Eastern

Travellers Rest

Jolly Carters

Swan Middleport

Middleport Club

2 more down Newport Lane that I forget the name of

Dalehall

West End