onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The "players"

boltonsno1

In the midst of all the ire being aimed (rightly) at the board, the players part in this seasons collapse seems to have been overlooked somewhat.

Whilst the board and Gannon had major parts to play in what has gone wrong this season, the players have hardly covered themselves in glory either (with a few exceptions).

We were all upset when Micky left, and a couple of dodgy performances after he left were probably to be expected, indeed maybe even accepted, considering the influence Adams had over the whole of Port Vale. However four months worth of toss was not to be expected. The players have acted like big babies from the moment Adams packed his bags and toddled off to Sheffield. Hes gone, get over it you gutless cowards, and get on with what you're meant to do: win games of football.

The attitude of these so called professionals absolutely stinks: Gannon came in and said they weren't good enough, and considering most of the players hated Gannon, they appear to have done their utmost since January to prove him right. Yesterday being a case in point. People have paid a lot of money to go down to that London for a nothing game (for us anyway), and our players turn in the sort of performance that makes me wince just thinking about. No running, no motivation, no effort. If i was the Lincoln chairman i'd be looking to sue every one of our players for their performance yesterday. The players should at the very least give everybody their ticket money back. But of course that'd mean showing a bit conscience, something which most of this bunch seem to be very short of.

Its all very well knocking seven goals in against Morecambe in a nothing game, but that just shows what a bunch of wasters the players are. They never looked like scoring when there was something to play for, but as soon as theres no pressure on them they do that: they probably think those seven goals were enough to repay four months of crap. Well they weren't.

This bunch of players we've got now (again, with a few exceptions) are a disgrace to the shirt: they've stolen a wage since January, and really couldn't care less about it. If we'd have played with half the heart Barnet showed yesterday since January we may well have got automstic promotion. But the truth is they've got no heart, no courage, no guts.

They make my blood boil almost as much as the board does.

Advert

The points weve lost away from home this season is just a joke.Hereford,Cheltenham,Burton,Northampton,Morecombe,Lincoln and Barnet.We ended up 5 wins away from automatic,which where we were come January is just not good enough..The players we have now just arent good enough..Get rid of most of them..

the players have been very lucky that most of the criticism has been aimed at the board. But now we can sit back and have a good look at the season, its fair to say that the players have had a huge imput towards this disaster of a season. If the entire squad were to never play for vale again and were replaced by 11 other lads, I wouldnt miss one of them. I am confident that a manager could come in and easily replace many of the squad.

As a fan you want to see 100% comittment from a player. I can accept a player having a bad game if they are giving their all. I look at Griff and he is probably one of the least naturally gifted players we have. But he is one of the few who always puts a shift in and along with our centre halves has been one of our best players this season.

In the midst of all the ire being aimed (rightly) at the board, the players part in this seasons collapse seems to have been overlooked somewhat.

Whilst the board and Gannon had major parts to play in what has gone wrong this season, the players have hardly covered themselves in glory either (with a few exceptions).

We were all upset when Micky left, and a couple of dodgy performances after he left were probably to be expected, indeed maybe even accepted, considering the influence Adams had over the whole of Port Vale. However four months worth of toss was not to be expected. The players have acted like big babies from the moment Adams packed his bags and toddled off to Sheffield. Hes gone, get over it you gutless cowards, and get on with what you're meant to do: win games of football.

Absolutely spot on.

Failed to score in the last 5 away games. Probably not even had a shot on target in some of those games. Shocking.

Dont think the players will be bothered though as they all lie on some foreign beach soaking up the sun.

The attitude of these so called professionals absolutely stinks: Gannon came in and said they weren't good enough, and considering most of the players hated Gannon, they appear to have done their utmost since January to prove him right. Yesterday being a case in point. People have paid a lot of money to go down to that London for a nothing game (for us anyway), and our players turn in the sort of performance that makes me wince just thinking about. No running, no motivation, no effort. If i was the Lincoln chairman i'd be looking to sue every one of our players for their performance yesterday. The players should at the very least give everybody their ticket money back. But of course that'd mean showing a bit conscience, something which most of this bunch seem to be very short of.

Its all very well knocking seven goals in against Morecambe in a nothing game, but that just shows what a bunch of wasters the players are. They never looked like scoring when there was something to play for, but as soon as theres no pressure on them they do that: they probably think those seven goals were enough to repay four months of crap. Well they weren't.

This bunch of players we've got now (again, with a few exceptions) are a disgrace to the shirt: they've stolen a wage since January, and really couldn't care less about it. If we'd have played with half the heart Barnet showed yesterday since January we may well have got automstic promotion. But the truth is they've got no heart, no courage, no guts.

They make my blood boil almost as much as the board does.

the players should be ashamed, did Bury players give up after Alan Knill walked out, no they pulled together and pushed on to automatic promotion.

To be fair I'm not sure you can compare the Bury situation with your own.

When Knill left the board consulted the senior players on what they thought should happen...it was agreed that continuity was needed & Ritchie Barker was given the job 'till the end of the season.... nothing really changed!

When Adams left the last thing you needed was Gannon, who's well known for being disruptive, confrontational & arrogant.... all proved with the subsequent events! Add to this the protests against the board, takeover bids etc etc & it was bound to affect the players! To expect the players to ignore all this, to be "professional", is pie in the sky IMO.

Look at Liverpool... with Hicks & Gillette, protests etc they were pants! As soon as they got all that out of the way they're flying!

I think you're being too way harsh on the players, the 1st part of the season proves that they are good enough &, with some proper leadership, you could have still been challenging. Sadly, the football side of things seemed to take a backseat to everything else going on & that's not down to the players!

Just my thoughts for what they're worth ;)

To be fair I'm not sure you can compare the Bury situation with your own.

When Knill left the board consulted the senior players on what they thought should happen...it was agreed that continuity was needed & Ritchie Barker was given the job 'till the end of the season.... nothing really changed!

When Adams left the last thing you needed was Gannon, who's well known for being disruptive, confrontational & arrogant.... all proved with the subsequent events! Add to this the protests against the board, takeover bids etc etc & it was bound to affect the players! To expect the players to ignore all this, to be "professional", is pie in the sky IMO.

Look at Liverpool... with Hicks & Gillette, protests etc they were pants! As soon as they got all that out of the way they're flying!

I think you're being too way harsh on the players, the 1st part of the season proves that they are good enough &, with some proper leadership, you could have still been challenging. Sadly, the football side of things seemed to take a backseat to everything else going on & that's not down to the players!

Just my thoughts for what they're worth ;)

I don't actually think we are being too harsh. Our players are great until the going gets tough and with the 2nd half of the season came pressure which they clearly are unable to handle.

If you saw how our players carry on, I'd doubt some of them are even aware there are protests.

Its more the 6st they put on in 74 days between them, their mid-season binges and arrests for anti-social behaviour and their attitude of 'I've got another year on my contract so why should I care'

I think this poor set of players prefer to draw an easy wage in L2 - this is their comfort zone. If Vale were to go up, most of them would be on their way out of the club anyway - probably to smaller clubs.

Archived