onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Today's Attendance

cheshirevaliant

NS said that we need to average 6500 to break even this season. So far, things are looking good and I reckon that 7500 is achievable. What difference could that make to our playing budget next season?

We need to average 5800 for the remaining games to give the 6500 overall average budgeted for, so your figure might not be far off young Simon :-)

Advert

Too busy trying to wind up away fans BLVF sadly. 95% of today was fantastic, the other 5% made us look small time. A lot of the paddock give the impression they are there to see the opposition lose rather than the Vale win. Pretty pathetic in my opinion.

Sorry the rest of us must have forgotten that we have to now go to vale park sit on our hands and behave like choir boys. GET A GRIP its a football match, yeah we are all there to see the vale win and surprisingly enough to you it seems the opposition lose. We are also there for the atmosphere, Atmosphere is created not only when the team are winning/losing but when there is chanting between the fans.

I understand the no racism thing but are you out to abolish everything at a football match now?

The woman who was taunted by the paddock was going mental at the game well before the chants started and was giving the vale fans and players some right stick, if someone stands out in the away end then they will get singled out.

The boyband wannabe against wolves got the same kind of stick and loved it, and just played along with the fans in the paddock, kissing and hugging his mate at one stage. Apart from the result I bet he went home having had a right good day out and a good laugh about it too.

Same if there is a fatty in the away end ( I am not slim) that gets grief taking his top of, the paddock then cheers and everyone has a good laugh about it, including the fatty. Its football not a sunday morning service.

I must not be the only one who is getting sick of this holier than though attitude about football matches.

Sorry the rest of us must have forgotten that we have to now go to vale park sit on our hands and behave like choir boys. GET A GRIP its a football match, yeah we are all there to see the vale win and surprisingly enough to you it seems the opposition lose. We are also there for the atmosphere, Atmosphere is created not only when the team are winning/losing but when there is chanting between the fans.

I understand the no racism thing but are you out to abolish everything at a football match now?

The woman who was taunted by the paddock was going mental at the game well before the chants started and was giving the vale fans and players some right stick, if someone stands out in the away end then they will get singled out.

The boyband wannabe against wolves got the same kind of stick and loved it, and just played along with the fans in the paddock, kissing and hugging his mate at one stage. Apart from the result I bet he went home having had a right good day out and a good laugh about it too.

Same if there is a fatty in the away end ( I am not slim) that gets grief taking his top of, the paddock then cheers and everyone has a good laugh about it, including the fatty. Its football not a sunday morning service.

I must not be the only one who is getting sick of this holier than though attitude about football matches.

Who's being holier than thou? I go and get behind the team home and away. I just don't understand the mentality of those who would rather pay £22 to watch the opposition fans than the match itself.

Not everyine wnats to sing, take the P out of fatties etc etc or thinks it's Ok (although I do)

Each to their own (within the rules, law etc)

I agree Johnny, but as I do want to go and sing and have a laugh and banter with the away fans etc (within the law and rules as you say) does not mean that I have to come on here and complain and preach about those who do not sing and shout and all that telling them that they are pathetic or wrong.

Like Johnny says each to their own but no need to say that its pathetic. CV that's what I mean by holier than thou, if the fans in the paddock are not breaking the law or the rules and like you are paying to get into the game then what they do in there is there choice surely.

Following your logic, the kids that come with their parents who do not watch the game, they run around playing tick or whatever should not be allowed into the ground

I agree Johnny, but as I do want to go and sing and have a laugh and banter with the away fans etc (within the law and rules as you say) does not mean that I have to come on here and complain and preach about those who do not sing and shout and all that telling them that they are pathetic or wrong.

No you don't..but if you want to...go ahead ;)

The small block next to the Lorne Street has nobody in it at all so that accounts for about 300 seats. 1 in 4 seats not occupied in the rest of the stand seems reasonable. It's virtually impossible to get a decent idea of how spread out people are when everybody is standing up. Even without the Wolves game we're averaging over 6,000 home supporters per game this season. That is by my reckoning very encouraging. We're experiencing the best home support for well over 15 years right now, and puts us in a very positive position compared to many teams in this division who've seen their attendances gradually decrease in the past few years.

I put this down to us being a club for the working man, and not pandering to the numbification of fandom seen at many other clubs.

Like Johnny says each to their own but no need to say that its pathetic. CV that's what I mean by holier than thou, if the fans in the paddock are not breaking the law or the rules and like you are paying to get into the game then what they do in there is there choice surely.

Following your logic, the kids that come with their parents who do not watch the game, they run around playing tick or whatever should not be allowed into the ground

Pathetic may have been the wrong term to use.

That's enough of that.

Sit down, keep quiet and if you must sing make sure they are imaginative tunes like "Tom Hark".

That's enough of that.

Sit down, keep quiet and if you must sing make sure they are imaginative tunes like "Tom Hark".

I will limit myself to singing "glad all over" only from now on sir.............oooh with a possible VAYULLLL VAYULLL, the only song I draw the line at is "best team in the land", I love vale and always will but there does have to be a line somewhere LOL

Sorry may posts will be back on topic now.......I think the attendance was about right from what I saw, as long as we over that 6500 most weeks and the atmosphere is there to get behind the players then I have no real concerns over the attendance

Archived