onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

who will be the next manager to get the boot

bookworm

Though I agree, utd always seem to get a run going. Maybe that was due to ferguson but there isn't much difference from the team last season, and if fergie was there I'd still expect them to do well. Thing about fergie is he rebuilt every few years, and did it well. The team is at that point again, and time will tell if motes can do it, whether he gets the times etc.

I felt as soon as I saw the team Moyes had blundered. They were always vulnerable in central midfield and needed to play an extra midfielder. I guess Van Persie being out didn't help, but for the life of me I can't see why Young and Wellbeck are good enough to play for United or even more so England. Maybe he has a more systemic problem with the United Squad getting old and replacements below previous standards.

Advert

I don't think Moyes will get the chop anytime soon but I do think Fergie picked the right time to leave Man U. The team needs a major overhall, I wouldn't want De Gea in goal for the Vale, the two central defenders are past it, Smalling and Evans are barely Prem standard and Valencia and Young are not good enough. Utd missed a trick when failing to hijack the move of Bale to RM.

I don't think Moyes will get the chop anytime soon but I do think Fergie picked the right time to leave Man U. The team needs a major overhall, I wouldn't want De Gea in goal for the Vale, the two central defenders are past it, Smalling and Evans are barely Prem standard and Valencia and Young are not good enough. Utd missed a trick when failing to hijack the move of Bale to RM.

Yet de gea was gk of the year last season , and this team won the prem easily last year. Is that a mark of fergusons ability? Agree that the team needs its overhaul though.

Yet de gea was gk of the year last season , and this team won the prem easily last year. Is that a mark of fergusons ability? Agree that the team needs its overhaul though.

Highlights how some clubs missed a golden chance last season to capitalise on Utd slipping back..City, Chelsea and Arsenal just weren't up to it last season and could not take advantage of Utd weaknesses

Utd team looks deficient in many areas on performances this season

A good post apart from one minor untruth.

They drew against Chelsea, thus picking up one point.

Yeah, my bad. It was such a drab and uneventful game, it probably came too early on in the season. Even against us (Liverpool) they might have had the majority of the ball but they had no idea how to open us up. After failing to sign Thiago and Fabregas from Barcelona, why they didn't go all out to sign Mesut Ozil from under the noses of Arsenal I have no idea.

Also, Chelsea's performances have been well below par this season as of yet. Mourinho at this moment in time is leaving there best player out, has no idea what his best 11 is and Eden Hazard, a supposed world-beater in the making, looks like a Championship player so far this season. Eto'o looks well past his sell by date, though he may still contribute when he's become more accustomed to the pace of football in this country after an extra long holiday in sunny Russia, and I don't understand why they loaned out Romelu Lukaku after the season he just had for West Brom. I'd choose him ahead of Torres, Ba and an ageing Eto'o any day of the week myself.

In fairness they only won it because City, after winning the League in such dramatic style the previous season, were naïve and probably thought they just had to turn up to win it again. We saw how average United were in the Champions League, and will do again this season.

I'd say even Spurs have a stronger squad, though whether they will finish above them this season I'm not too sure, as I don't rate AVB particularly highly - though that's not to say he's a bad manager.

I felt as soon as I saw the team Moyes had blundered. They were always vulnerable in central midfield and needed to play an extra midfielder. I guess Van Persie being out didn't help, but for the life of me I can't see why Young and Wellbeck are good enough to play for United or even more so England. Maybe he has a more systemic problem with the United Squad getting old and replacements below previous standards.

In fairness, Danny Welbeck has been one of England better players over the last 12 months or so. I think he's a good player, though perhaps not good enough yet to warrant a place in the Unite starting 11 every week.

Chris Houghton for me - Watford may well knock them out fo the League Cup followed by defeats at Stoke (hope not) and then against Arsenal and Chelsea - that could mean the end for him. He's bought in a lot of poor players

He's only scored the one goal so far, but I thought their signing of Ricky van Wolfswinkel was one of the captures of the summer for them.

You're right though, unless he can score 20+ goals I can't see Norwich staying up or Houghton keeping his job.

Didn't realize that De Gea was GK of year last year, were the judges drunk? He's a decent shot stopper but his handling is questionable (eg Dzeko's shot vs Man C) and its like watching a U11 goalkeeper on crosses.

IMHO, Man U winning the Prem last year was a reflection on how poor the other teams were and Fergie's ability plus Rooney and RVP are very special players.

Archived