onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ex Players

Mr Carter

It's a load of ****** from smurthwaite again.

Why can't they just give these blokes some tickets what's the ****in problem?

Vale players last season got 3 free tickets for players family/guests and I know for a fact 7/8 players never took anyone to the game on the free tickets so why can't they be used on the "old brigade".?...

Is this smurf just upsetting people again.

Advert

Do war veterans work in the ground after they have entered it? You just don't get it do you?

I do get it. And we can thank all our ex players for putting the shirt on representing the club. But that doesn't mean asking for a entrance fee is being disrespectful. Regardless of who they are if u love the club and are able to afford an entrance fee would not be a problem anyways

I do get it. And we can thank all our ex players for putting the shirt on representing the club. But that doesn't mean asking for a entrance fee is being disrespectful. Regardless of who they are if u love the club and are able to afford an entrance fee would not be a problem anyways

So pay them for the job they do... £100 a day sounds reasonable... with expenses

But they haven't been given that option, the club has simply ignored them altogether which is disrespectful!

Using your logic why don't we ask the ballboys, turnstile operators, stewards, police, catering workers, ref and linesman to pay to be at the game?

The home shirt is linked to the history of Burslem. The away shirt has a homage to Sproey on the back. The third shirt is in Wedgwood blue. Are all of these links to the past just a marketing ploy or does the club really have a sense of its history? It would seem not.

Giving out 12 tickets to have 12 ex-players working in the corporate area on matchdays is a small price to pay for demonstrating that Mr Smurthwaite really does care about this club and its history rather than just pays lip service to it for marketing reasons.

Perhaps Mr Smurthwaite should consider reviewing the amount of money that is leaching away on match days by people getting in for nothing through some of the exit gates.

He may have a reason but perhaps he should share it with the people concerned

Maybe. Though maybe one thing that we should all consider whilst we are quick to criticise what Smurf does or doesn't do...

If he was to get a bit fed up of the constructive criticism being aimed in his path, then he seems to me to be the type to say **** this, i'm off....

Now, taking into consideration that it's highly unlikely that there would be a queue of businessmen waiting to take over PVFC and have it's best interests at heart......... I would put the topic of past players down the list of criticisms that warrant supporter foot stamping..

I'm more inclined to want him to find ways of getting around the submitted FP figures and getting future players into the club, especially centre halves!!

what an ignorant bunch of ****ers a lot of you are! You make comments whilst having absolutely no idea what these people did in return for their "free" ticket. If you have ever sat in a box then you will know what the ex players did for their free entry. Ambassadors for the club, ignored by the club and now no longer attached to our club.

Disgraceful treatment in anyones eyes.

Well as one of the ignorant buch of ****ers you describe i take a great deal of pleasure in being held in such high esteem by a man of such perfect charachter! ;)

Still at least you are now posting on the right thread :)

Personally i don't believe anyone should be getting into games for free unless they are employees of the club or if its provided to them by an employee of the club as a staff benefit and even that should be monitored closely othwrwise we could end up with people of the ilk of previous members of any guise of V2001 skulking in for free.

I gave a detailed explanation as to why i think what i did on the news article thread on this, why shouldn't people offer alternative and reasonable view points on subjects without being abused by people such as yourself or is this not a discussion board?

I do however take issue with the club on their alledged failure to reply to the association in question, very poor if true.

Well as one of the ignorant buch of ****ers you describe i take a great deal of pleasure in being held in such high esteem by a man of such perfect charachter! ;)

Still at least you are now posting on the right thread :)

Personally i don't believe anyone should be getting into games for free unless they are employees of the club or if its provided to them by an employee of the club as a staff benefit and even that should be monitored closely othwrwise we could end up with people of the ilk of previous members of any guise of V2001 skulking in for free.

I gave a detailed explanation as to why i think what i did on the news article thread on this, why shouldn't people offer alternative and reasonable view points on subjects without being abused by people such as yourself or is this not a discussion board?

I do however take issue with the club on their alledged failure to reply to the association in question, very poor if true.

If the club were to employ people to do the job these people do how much do you think the club should pay them?

We all have our favourite players and memories. Amazing to see Colin Askey about, how has he kept the same hairstyle since the 50s? Ken Hancock`s clean sheet in front of a swaying Kop at Anfield, also hobbling across the goal with an injured leg against Brian Clough in the 60`s. Priceless, that is what a football club is all about, it`s history and tradition, that is why people keep coming.

Spot on,this is a unique relationship we have and every effort should be made to retain links with ex-players.

What's unclear to me is how many tickets these ex players are getting per match, as 12 tickets between 35 of them wouldn't make much sense to me. Now if its 12 tickets each, then that would be way to many in my eyes, is that what the problem is? I don't know personally, but if it is then i can see where Smurf is coming from. 2 tickets each free entry for their services would seem to be reasonable & about right.

What's unclear to me is how many tickets these ex players are getting per match, as 12 tickets between 35 of them wouldn't make much sense to me. Now if its 12 tickets each, then that would be way to many in my eyes, is that what the problem is? I don't know personally, but if it is then i can see where Smurf is coming from. 2 tickets each free entry for their services would seem to be reasonable & about right.

Was it not the case that up to 12 players would supply their services to the hospitality etc area, thus a dozen tickets allocated? Or even 6 players with a pair each?

Archived