onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ex Players

Mr Carter

Advert

I am a pensioner, I pay more to watch one game than most season ticket holders pay in a season, I dont ask for or expect freebies, I dont have a bus pass. I dont travel by bus anywhere.

What a lot of people fail to realise is that there is more available income to spend in the grey brigade than in the other age groups.

How can you clam to pay more than season ticket holders pays, to watch one game?

It doesn't matter what you pay to get there, I pay a small fortune through the season, its what you pay on the gate to the club that counts, thats the revenue.

How can you clam to pay more than season ticket holders pays, to watch one game?

It doesn't matter what you pay to get there, I pay a small fortune through the season, its what you pay on the gate to the club that counts, thats the revenue.

Counts to who? The post was in response to the pensioner bashing not club revenue. Of course it matters what you pay to get there, it may not matter to the club but it matters.

Well as one of the ignorant buch of ****ers you describe i take a great deal of pleasure in being held in such high esteem by a man of such perfect charachter! ;)

Still at least you are now posting on the right thread :)

Personally i don't believe anyone should be getting into games for free unless they are employees of the club or if its provided to them by an employee of the club as a staff benefit and even that should be monitored closely othwrwise we could end up with people of the ilk of previous members of any guise of V2001 skulking in for free.

I gave a detailed explanation as to why i think what i did on the news article thread on this, why shouldn't people offer alternative and reasonable view points on subjects without being abused by people such as yourself or is this not a discussion board?

I do however take issue with the club on their alledged failure to reply to the association in question, very poor if true.

Don't flatter yourself, I wasn't aiming my comments at you in particular.

A simple analogy most should be able to understand. Ex Players attended on matchdays. They got free entrance to the Lorne Street and for this worked unpaid in the executive boxes and hospitality areas. The bonus for them was that in between working unpaid, they could watch the game. During the time they entertained guests, unpaid, they also undertook money raising activities for the benefit of the club raising far in excess of what their free entry cost the club.

Yet despite all of the above some are still describing these people as free riding pensioners!

How much do you think Stoke charge ex players like Terry Conroy to undertake similar duties at Stoke?

A simple analogy most should be able to understand. Ex Players attended on matchdays. They got free entrance to the Lorne Street and for this worked unpaid in the executive boxes and hospitality areas. The bonus for them was that in between working unpaid, they could watch the game. During the time they entertained guests, unpaid, they also undertook money raising activities for the benefit of the club raising far in excess of what their free entry cost the club.

Yet despite all of the above some are still describing these people as free riding pensioners!

How much do you think Stoke charge ex players like Terry Conroy to undertake similar duties at Stoke?

OMG, I agree with you completely, Now theres a first

Spot on Tim whats the point of revering ex players on the back of the shirt and then snubbing them on matchdays!!

'For all that have gone before'

I have been in the valiant suite s fair few times and never seen any of them , let alone do any work. Having been in stokes waddington suite , Conroy is up and on the Mic giving interviews

I have been in the valiant suite s fair few times and never seen any of them , let alone do any work. Having been in stokes waddington suite , Conroy is up and on the Mic giving interviews

So are you saying that because you never see them they dont do it?... they may not use the tickets every game... one may turn up and be working somewhere else... they may be doing something else...

I remember digging out and putting in the footings for the old ticket office,took 3 days to do in mostly poring rain,also widening the steps to the family stand for the club for health and safety reasons,didn't even get a free ticket, mind yer it was the Bill Days,just saying a lot of people do work for the club and don't expect nowt as we do it for the love of the club

The cost of watching the game has to include the specific cost and time of the journey to the ground, whether it is the walk from the pub, or a car/train journey from a distance. Obviously makes no difference to the Vale, but it cannot be ignored.

Oh I must have imagined sitting in various boxes and these chaps popping in with team sheets and programmes for the boxholders and stopping for a chat. I must also have imagined the funds they have raised. Silly old me.

Archived