onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

R.I.P Barry Hancock

Advert

Always remember Barry being in or around vale park, always helping out the club, collecting with a bucket, even helping out on the railway turnstiles if they were short staffed, selling programmes.. sometimes the words genuine/nice guy are said after someone passes away but Barry was a true gentleman and a Port Vale legend.

Sincere Condolences to his Family from the Casey Family

What very appropriate words have been posted on this thread. I too have known Barry for many years. I remember watching him play for us in the Black and Amber, Norman Low was the manager at the time. Barry was a referee like myself for many years, and a good one as well. Remember running the line for him in a Midland Sunday cup in Birmingham, en route we were discussing players wages etc, and he told me under Norman Low all the players left it to Norman to sort the best deal out for them for the following season, Happy days. Goodbye Baz it was apleasure to know you.

What very appropriate words have been posted on this thread. I too have known Barry for many years. I remember watching him play for us in the Black and Amber, Norman Low was the manager at the time. Barry was a referee like myself for many years, and a good one as well. Remember running the line for him in a Midland Sunday cup in Birmingham, en route we were discussing players wages etc, and he told me under Norman Low all the players left it to Norman to sort the best deal out for them for the following season, Happy days. Goodbye Baz it was apleasure to know you.

Barry was Norman Low's first signing.

I'm in complete and utter shock! :( Barry was not one of, but THE nicest person you could ever meet. I had his name put in the vale hall of fame when I purchased my brick and have done the collection with him at St Joseph's church in Burslem since I was 10. R.I.P Bazza, you were a legend and you will be gravely missed but never forgotten.

I met Barry in Newcastle street middleport at the age of about eighteen I was introduced to him by my then mother in law I was all a goggle by meeting a vale legend he just asked how I thought we would do on the Saturday game. Barry then remembered me as he did everyone else for years to come I will never ever forget our conversations hope vale do something really befitting of a man like barry

Archived