Home Forum News History Predictions About Contact
Sign in to follow this  
melv

Club statement ref Wolves match.

So wolves fans and the police are innocent parties then rep? Seriously get a grip. The only reason this meeting happened is to patch over what a shoddy job the police did of policing the fans.

Smurf made no mention of that, thats your assumption and I don't know where its come from.

I'm sure some Wolves fans are equally as guilty given some of them were arrested also and hopefully if caught on CCTV they along with other criminals will be charged but the deterents for such abomination need to be far more severe for me. As I say a very sad enditement on society that people who probably live no more than 50 miles away from each other and quite possibly of equal social standing seem to want to cause public disarray causing harm to property, innocent bystanders and upholders of the law.

Without these mindless people there would have been no trouble clearly.

The only reason this meeting happened is to patch over what a shoddy job the police did of policing the fans.

TBF Smurf is in between a rock and a hard place here.But the reports leeds me to think that it was one sided.

There WERE police at last nights game with Bury, four of them stood underneath the Policebox watching the match in the 1st half. The Police can't even make an honest statement of events last night, so why should they believed over the Wolves game!

I'm sure it will be now especially now its made the national press.

Hopefully justice will prevail either way in this case if there is enough CCTV footage.

I do wonder why he thought it was a good idea to try and cross a police line however as it seems do the vast majority of those who have posted comments at the bottom of the article and indeed rated them.

Well balanced statement from smurf. One he shouldn't have had to make anyway if people could behave. Glad to see him thanking the true vale fans.

I saw one lad acting like a real ****, he got taken down by a police dog quite rightly so yet he is now claiming that he was not at fault when he looked at fault to me and others.

It is indeed a sad, sad enditement of society people are unable to do this and use football or the police as an excuse, I wonder what goes through their minds to instigate this with no reason.

How long will it be before significant sanctions are taken against our club for big games some of our 'fans' clearly aren't sensible to cope with. I read some comments on the Facebook Wonder of You page today and I'm frankly embarrased they were written by human beings, some of these people are attempting to blame the police and no-one else to justify the actions of these mindless criminials and in the same posts glorifying goading opposition fans and the police.

Quite simple, no mindless idiots, no trouble.

Well said, brother. As my dad says, such people must feel very inadequate if the only way to improve their self-image is to want to maim another human being.

There WERE police at last nights game with Bury, four of them stood underneath the Policebox watching the match in the 1st half. The Police can't even make an honest statement of events last night, so why should they believed over the Wolves game!

Smurf is quoted as as saying......

“We are assured that all complaints will be fully investigated by Staffordshire Police in a fully transparent manner.”

Last night’s fixture against Bury went ahead with no police presence, as do the majority of our club’s fixtures.

Mr. Smurthwaite continued: “I say to those people who have used the club as a vehicle to engage in violence, you are not true supporters, otherwise you would not bring the club’s name into disrepute. To the vast majority of loyal Vale fans – thank you for your support.”

So the Police didnt make any dishonest statement

Been to thousands of football matches over the last 53 years,in crowds ranging from 100 to 100,000 and never been involved in any kind of violence.

The secret is - don't go looking for it.:yes:

But its not the Police making that statement! ;)

Been to thousands of football matches over the last 53 years,in crowds ranging from 100 to 100,000 and never been involved in any kind of violence.

amen to that - twice I got asked to "move on" on Saturday walking down the Hamil (I was waiting for my Dad/Bro/Uncle and Mate to catch me up) - both times I said no problem and both times the officer asking me to move said thankyou to me

I could have been a right **** and refused saying that I was waiting for someone, but honestly, what is the point in starting an argument?

Could not agree more. From final whistle to having a pint in hand was no more than 5 mins. Just kept to the side and kept walking.

Being as the meeting has been held and a club statement issued within 3 day's then can we expect a police statement within the next 24 hours?

A tad patronising I feel. In my case (I'm 62 by the way) I didn't go looking for it - it arrived right in front of me due to the fact that the police chose to allow both sets of supporters to leave at the same time. I'm not defending the w@nkers who were hell bent on violence I just resent being accused of looking for violence.

so lets just look at this

0.2% of the crowd were arrested, and this is crowd trouble?

all i can say is

well done to staffs police, you have built this up into something that you were solely responsible for, allowing both sets of fans out at the same time is really rather poor practice, hands up how many times vale fans have been kept in until home fans have dispersed on away games?

well done to the club for allowing the police to call such a meeting so that they can now control the policing presence for home games going forward so the police budget will increase experientially due to the concerns of said police who actually caused the issue in the first place, think we may have been here before, or is it just me? *** someone at the club needs to grow a pair, "smurf" i thought you were better than that tbh

Totally agree, sums up my feelings completely.

Don't think he could / should have said anything else.

Its now down to the Police to investigate any wrong doing and charge those who are culpable with the aid of CCTV.

Including their own rank and file.

I agree that I too am a little unhappy with Smurf's statement. Whilst I know there is a sizeable bunch of brain dead Vale fans, there is so at every club. It is always difficult to police an area like Burslem and there will always be isolated incidents. For the trouble against Wolves to have made national news though is absolutely ridiculous. I had friends from Newcastle-Upon-Tyne and London both texting me because they'd heard about it. Going back also to the racism article in the Daily Mirror following the Bradford game. That again was totally biased and intent on branding Vale as a racist club.

Is it me or is there some sort of conspiracy here? Every club has fans who will let out the odd racist remark or make inappropriate chants every now and then, unfortunately, and every club with a decent following will have a percentage of trouble makers. It seems to me that the whole thing is an after shock of the Bradford racism thing making BBC news and now, all eyes are on us and waiting for any little mishap in order to further this negative reputation. The police will also jump on the opportunity to start policing all of our games. I bet they will police Coventry like they did Wolves, and justify it on the basis of the trouble they played a good part in escalating.

A tad patronising I feel. In my case (I'm 62 by the way) I didn't go looking for it - it arrived right in front of me due to the fact that the police chose to allow both sets of supporters to leave at the same time. I'm not defending the w@nkers who were hell bent on violence I just resent being accused of looking for violence.

there is always the exception fella, thankfully I've never managed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time