onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Club statement ref Wolves match.

melv

Advert

Been to thousands of football matches over the last 53 years,in crowds ranging from 100 to 100,000 and never been involved in any kind of violence.

The secret is - don't go looking for it.:yes:

amen to that - twice I got asked to "move on" on Saturday walking down the Hamil (I was waiting for my Dad/Bro/Uncle and Mate to catch me up) - both times I said no problem and both times the officer asking me to move said thankyou to me

I could have been a right **** and refused saying that I was waiting for someone, but honestly, what is the point in starting an argument?

Been to thousands of football matches over the last 53 years,in crowds ranging from 100 to 100,000 and never been involved in any kind of violence.

The secret is - don't go looking for it.:yes:

A tad patronising I feel. In my case (I'm 62 by the way) I didn't go looking for it - it arrived right in front of me due to the fact that the police chose to allow both sets of supporters to leave at the same time. I'm not defending the w@nkers who were hell bent on violence I just resent being accused of looking for violence.

so lets just look at this

0.2% of the crowd were arrested, and this is crowd trouble?

all i can say is

well done to staffs police, you have built this up into something that you were solely responsible for, allowing both sets of fans out at the same time is really rather poor practice, hands up how many times vale fans have been kept in until home fans have dispersed on away games?

well done to the club for allowing the police to call such a meeting so that they can now control the policing presence for home games going forward so the police budget will increase experientially due to the concerns of said police who actually caused the issue in the first place, think we may have been here before, or is it just me? *** someone at the club needs to grow a pair, "smurf" i thought you were better than that tbh

Totally agree, sums up my feelings completely.

Don't think he could / should have said anything else.

Its now down to the Police to investigate any wrong doing and charge those who are culpable with the aid of CCTV.

Including their own rank and file.

I agree that I too am a little unhappy with Smurf's statement. Whilst I know there is a sizeable bunch of brain dead Vale fans, there is so at every club. It is always difficult to police an area like Burslem and there will always be isolated incidents. For the trouble against Wolves to have made national news though is absolutely ridiculous. I had friends from Newcastle-Upon-Tyne and London both texting me because they'd heard about it. Going back also to the racism article in the Daily Mirror following the Bradford game. That again was totally biased and intent on branding Vale as a racist club.

Is it me or is there some sort of conspiracy here? Every club has fans who will let out the odd racist remark or make inappropriate chants every now and then, unfortunately, and every club with a decent following will have a percentage of trouble makers. It seems to me that the whole thing is an after shock of the Bradford racism thing making BBC news and now, all eyes are on us and waiting for any little mishap in order to further this negative reputation. The police will also jump on the opportunity to start policing all of our games. I bet they will police Coventry like they did Wolves, and justify it on the basis of the trouble they played a good part in escalating.

A tad patronising I feel. In my case (I'm 62 by the way) I didn't go looking for it - it arrived right in front of me due to the fact that the police chose to allow both sets of supporters to leave at the same time. I'm not defending the w@nkers who were hell bent on violence I just resent being accused of looking for violence.

there is always the exception fella, thankfully I've never managed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time

I must have been lucky?

so lets just look at this

0.2% of the crowd were arrested, and this is crowd trouble?

all i can say is

well done to staffs police, you have built this up into something that you were solely responsible for, allowing both sets of fans out at the same time is really rather poor practice, hands up how many times vale fans have been kept in until home fans have dispersed on away games?

well done to the club for allowing the police to call such a meeting so that they can now control the policing presence for home games going forward so the police budget will increase experientially due to the concerns of said police who actually caused the issue in the first place, think we may have been here before, or is it just me? *** someone at the club needs to grow a pair, "smurf" i thought you were better than that tbh

The amount of arrests doesn't equal the amount of people involved, which if you had seen it you would know was a much bugger number.

Archived