onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pope

geosname

Hopefully there will be a few who are having a pop at Popey eating a big dollop of Humble Pie to munch on shortly. I have seen Tom on four occasions this season against Derby he looked as sharp as ever and bagged a brace. Then against Leicester he had a quiet game but Leicester looked a class outfit. We must remember that those games were friendlies.

Against Brentford I thought Tom did OK considering he usually had three defenders baulking his every move. Yet he still managed to hit the woodwork.Surely this should have allowed Tomlin to profit he buzzed about but with no real end result. I'm sure that Hughes would have either made them pay or he would have at least taken some of the weight off Tom's shoulders.

In the match against Walsall Popey made what looked to me a perfectly good goal for Tomlin to finish with a trademark Pope header.

The service from the wings in both the Brentford and Walsall games were very poor with JMW seeming reluctant to try and take his man on and deliver any decent crosses.

The refs so far seem to feel that battering Tom is fair game. I feel sorry for the lad I really do.

Oh and the rubbish about Pope and Hughes not being a good match. Lets take a look shall we hughes made 13 full and 6 sub appearances and scored 10 goals and during this 19 games Tom who had an 11 games drought still got 10 goals playing with Hughes. Not bad eh 20 goals between them in 19 games.

Why oh why doesn't Micky Adams play his best two strikers up front and this is Pope & Hughes.

Folks say that Williamson, Hughes and JMW looked sharp in the last 10 minutes against Colchester. Come on smell the coffee Colchester were trying to hang on for 3 points and so went defensive. Who knows whether Tom would have made them pay for sitting back and inviting pressure.

Advert

Warm the crowd up with a couple or more "Feed the Pope...............

After the Walsall match I think the Paddock need waking up with some philosan - so quiet it was embarrassing at times.

A small huddle of Walsall fans made all the noise all the game

Its time for the Lorne street Hero to start up again - where is he ?

Which professional people are we talking about.... Ticket Master? [no tickets]... Sondico? [no shirts]... on line Shop manager? [no sales]... adams? [colchster admission]... smurf? [who has responsibility for all]

Geo even in your profile it states your interested in things you know nowt about. Enough said really don't you think.

it's early days yet but tom will come good, hasn't had any decent service yet but that will return when we stop worrying about the opposition and go for it.

He had some service yesterday and had couple of clear-cut opportunities with his head--both of which he fluffed badly--appears to be short on confidence. I suspect that once he gets that all-important first goal to break his this season's duck, he''l grow in confidence and be back on the score sheet regularly. A bit of patience required by everyone including Tom I suspect.

Archived