onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rudgie

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

Poor John earning the big money the premiership and Peter Coates have payed him . Do not really know what the return on the investment in his wages have been but I suspect it must have well and truly run out.

We are all obsessed with the past at vale. We have Mickey who is doing a brilliant brilliant job and will exceed the rudge era

Rudge thank you for the memories doubt you will want to take charge of the development squad but it would be great to combine it with an allotment .

And maybe a stall on our market on a friday

The kind of statement that only a sh!thead like you would make.

Rudgie deserves more respect than some on here are showing him. He is definitely not past it, and his ability to spot a player is legendary. So who gives a monkeys if this is glancing over our shoulders at the past - why not get him on board in a scouting capacity, or advisor? If we have the money - and I know many would say we could spend it better - he would be guaranteed to find a player who we could make money on down the line. Since he left, our ability to turn a 15,000 non league signing in to a 1 million plus transfer profit seems to have mysteriously disappeared - anyone wondered why? If nothing else, his ability to get something useful in the Dutch transfer market might strengthen us. How come Brentford are signing overseas players and we are not?

Poor John earning the big money the premiership and Peter Coates have payed him . Do not really know what the return on the investment in his wages have been but I suspect it must have well and truly run out.

We are all obsessed with the past at vale. We have Mickey who is doing a brilliant brilliant job and will exceed the rudge era

Rudge thank you for the memories doubt you will want to take charge of the development squad but it would be great to combine it with an allotment .

That is so disrespectful - disgraceful post.

I've given up hope of Sir John coming home. Much as I'd like to see him back here, I don't think Micky wants him - Smurf's comments when asked about getting Rudge back ("I'm trying to steady the ship not rock the boat" (or something like that) lead me to believe this - so I guess we have to honour that unfortunately. However, I'm very surprised that someone hasn't snapped up a man of his calibre and experience.

This suggests no knowledge of pr, marketing, brand loyalty, the value of nostalgia, success by association etc..on top of other things he could be a valuable asset in all of these areas

John Rudge had the greatest kind of respect at the Burton match. 10000+ Vale fans chanting his name for 5minutes. Can't get much better than that.

As JonnyAitch said, invite him to every game and make him feel like royalty! Even make him an honourary president.

LEGEND!

Honorary President - like that idea. I just know he could be of use to the club he loves - we just have to find a name for the post, and let him find players for us. If he found us one more million pound player in the next five years, job done.

Million pound lower league players are pretty much a thing of the past after Bosman

However Mr Rudge could I reckon still do a job for us..bit like Bobby Charlton at Man U...a figurehead, ambassador etc etc

Million pound lower league players are pretty much a thing of the past after Bosman

However Mr Rudge could I reckon still do a job for us..bit like Bobby Charlton at Man U...a figurehead, ambassador etc etc

And you think Mr Adams would approve ?

Rudgie deserves more respect than some on here are showing him. He is definitely not past it, and his ability to spot a player is legendary. So who gives a monkeys if this is glancing over our shoulders at the past - why not get him on board in a scouting capacity, or advisor? If we have the money - and I know many would say we could spend it better - he would be guaranteed to find a player who we could make money on down the line. Since he left, our ability to turn a 15,000 non league signing in to a 1 million plus transfer profit seems to have mysteriously disappeared - anyone wondered why? If nothing else, his ability to get something useful in the Dutch transfer market might strengthen us. How come Brentford are signing overseas players and we are not?

he would be perfect for work on the development squad I think. Maybe involvement with them and a presidential role ?

Archived