onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

47 years ago today!

Jacko51

Advert

It's all about the coaching in this country..look at the under20s and under 21s..they just aren't technically up to it. It has been the way in this country for 40 years..achieving success thru efort, commitment, power etc but that won't get you anywhere against the better technical players these days

We have to ask ourslevs from kids up, what kind of football do we want to see young uns playing..the 'get stuck in' kind of football or the 'nice try, keep doing that and you'll keep getting better' kind of football

My father in law was lucky enough to have been at Wembley that day, and for all the London based games during the tournament.

I'm heir to a '66 World Cup Final programme signed by Gordon Banks, 2 ticket stubs and the a tournament programme.

I'm told that during the final I as a mere 10 months ish old I was lying on the sofa. My dad was watching it whilst doing some DIY and when Hurst scored the final goal I was showered with screws, nails etc etc as everything got thrown up in the air.

Wish I'd been a bit older to remember it

Unforgettable..so lucky to have seen Randy Rhodes before his untimely demise

The ticket shown in the link is possibly quite rare cos it features the original line up which featured Black Sabbath not Ozzy; Sa\bbath allegedly pulled out at the last minute after a dispute with Motorhead over their lighting rig. I can't remember if they were reprinted with Ozzy on them

One for trivia fans..it says in the link that one shot of Motorhead from the VP show was used as the cover of No Sleep 'til Hammersmith..which is unlikely as the show was on 1 Aug 1981 and the album came out 27 June 1981 and went straight to no.1!! I can remember listenting to the album chart in the back garden when that was announced..very exciting it was. :)

One for trivia fans..it says in the link that one shot of Motorhead from the VP show was used as the cover of No Sleep 'til Hammersmith..which is unlikely as the show was on 1 Aug 1981 and the album came out 27 June 1981 and went straight to no.1!! I can remember listenting to the album chart in the back garden when that was announced..very exciting it was. :)

I was told that by the website I received the photos from and used the fact in good faith. If you're happy to chase it up with them I can provide contact details by PM. The only thing I can think of - was that photo used in reissues of the album perhaps?

I was told that by the website I received the photos from and used the fact in good faith. If you're happy to chase it up with them I can provide contact details by PM. The only thing I can think of - was that photo used in reissues of the album perhaps?

No problem at all..maybe it was used in reissues

Archived