onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pete Tindall.....RIP.

Jimmy

Would be a good gesture for anyone attending all the away games to put up peters flag and maybe have his name put on it so he is with us in spirit...he would love that!! Always took his flag to every away game

He made that flag from a sail he nicked in his merchant navy days lol He took great pleasure in telling me at Accrington away and the fact he had spent an entertaining evening in Accrington the night before when he ended up in a Lesbian only club, christ knows how he got in!

Advert

Would be a good gesture for anyone attending all the away games to put up peters flag and maybe have his name put on it so he is with us in spirit...he would love that!! Always took his flag to every away game

I always took the rip out of Pete about his flag, as you know.

However, I am arranging to get the flag so I can take it to away games as a mark of respect and remembrance.

Some amazing comments on here. Pete deserves every one of them and we were all lucky to know such a special person.

See ye soon

Never met Pete in person but we chatted like friends both openly and privately on this forum as he was instantly likeable and perfect for his role as admin making everything lighthearted and always looking for the positives in any situation and regularly providing alternate opinion in a suggestive yet excellent manner. Came accross as a really nice guy and given the comments that preceed mine on this thread clearly was in person.

A terrible loss for everyone and I feel exceptionally for his partner, unborn child and close family.

Thanks for your time and thoughts Pete, it was an immense pleasure to know you in such a limited way.

RIP Pete.

Sometimes no words can properly express how we feel. I didn't know who Peter Tindall was until I saw the photo. Then I realised who it was had bought me all those pints in the Bulls Head, who it was who sat behind us in the Railway Paddock. I've got some great footage of Peter in the Bulls Head after the Northampton game singing with great gusto the " steno is a ******" song. He always had a good word to say about everyone, particularly those who were having a go about how the Vale were playing, or whose fault it was that we were loosing a match. What a great bloke - and I didn't even know that it was Pete. Rest in peace - the posse in the Railway Paddock will always remember you. He will always be with us.

Shocked and deeply saddened by this terrible news! Only got to talk to and know Pete over the last couple of seasons.Always smiling,friendly and amiable and seemed to be the eternal optimist,whatever the situation. A real gentleman and will be sorely missed.My heart goes out to his family and close friends.

I only knew Pete from Jimmys coach but he sat 3 rows in front of us in the railway paddock for years

but having seen him with Lisa you could see he had met his soulmate I am so sorry and like a lot of others who have passed

we have lost a true Valiant.

RIP Pete.

Thoughts are with you Lisa.

Absolutely gutted.

I wrote a post on here about not been able to get up the ticket office for burton away. Pete messaged me and offered to pick me one up. I took him up on his generous offer and we met outside the Pirelli. I Bought him a pint and we had a good natter..what a great bloke.

We kept in touch after that...mainly because we had a lot in common - we both travelled a lot for our jobs.

What truly devastating news.

Thoughts are with his family tonight.

I'm relatively new to OVF

Can I say how proud & overwhelmed I am to the point of genuine tears to read such sincere & fantastic tributes to a fellow vale brother.

I'm immensely touched & proud to be part of this site & all it's members .

I never knew Pete,.

I ain't very good with words & I'm struggling of things to say.

Apart from

RIP Pete

I'm so PROUD to be a vale fan.

I've never met anybody as eternally optimistic and passionate about Port Vale.

The kind of bloke who's eyes would light up and greet you like an old friend he'd known for years, when in fact he'd only met you the week before.

A sad and tragic loss.

People talk about OVF. How bad it is for the Club. How pessimistic everyone on here is. How its a bad place to be etc etc etc. I'm sorry, but you've all proved just how wrong some folk have been. We are a community in itself. We share in and feel every ones happy times but we also feel every ones sad times. You only have to read this thread to see what lovely people the OVF community are. Bless you all xx

Archived