Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

Pete Tindall.....RIP.

Only just heard the tragic news Jimmy.Only met Pete a few times but what a nice guy he was.Our thoughts are with Lisa, family and friends.RIP Pete.Taken from us so early !

Didn't know him, really but was a decent mod on here and such a sudden loss makes me feel numb. Tragic circumstances by the sound of it, condolences to family.

RIP Pete.

God bless you & your family.

I'm stunned !.

Words seem so inadequate at a time like this

Don't know what else to say.

So sad.

Can someone PLEASE organise a one minute silence on our first game on 3rd August ?

That's the least we can do

Don't know him from Adam but feel so much for his lady and his soon to be born child.

I'd prefer to donate some money to his lady and his son than a minute's silence, genuinely not wishing to take this thread down a discussion route though.

RIP - I'm sure your little man, your lady and the Vale will do you proud.

Tragic news. Never met the man personally, but, after watching my brother's YouTube video that someone posted, I realise now I shared a unique experience with Pete on the best day Vale have had in years in the beer garden of the Bull's Head.

R.I.P Pete.

I had several enjoyable discussions with Pete about Vale, we didnt always agree but he took the time to debate constructively and openly.

I met Pete at a sponsorship do organised by Rach at the start of last season and to be honest in the first 5 minutes I thought he was as high as a kite, he was, oh not on substances, he was just so happy to be at the vale he was like a kid with a new bike. He was doing the tour, taking photos, on the pitch, taking photos, having a meal, taking photos, I half expected him to come running down the tunnel kitted up with his camera in his hand with the team ready to play. He was so excited and excitable about the Vale he was a pleasure to be with.

At the end of the day a large board print of tin man was auctioned, Pete had been eying it at every opportunity, he said he darent take it home, I have no where to put it, its too big to get home, I have too much stuff as it is... he bid... he won... he loved it... I stopped bidding when I realised he would enjoy it far more than myself... he was a thoroughly nice guy.

This news has brought back some very bad memories for me personally.... I hope the club do as they did then and send a couple of players to the funeral to represent the other love of his life.

This may not be the appropriate place but... On another thread I offered to pay £100 to have a name flashed on the scoreboard for 5 seconds every home match... I will pay £200 to have 2 names flashed on the board.... one for PeteT.

Im in bits about this and its taken me a while to digest this as Pete was my friend, my confidant, my voice of reason.

He never bad mouthed anyone and was vale through and through.

More importantly he was so looking forward to becoming a dad and I read through his texts to me earlier that backs this up. Little Freddie will grow up in the knowledge that his daddy was loved by all.

my heart goes out to Lisa and hopefully I can help in some way. I don't know how but im here for you duck, anytime.

Its the saddest day in my life as Pete was the nicest bloke you could wish to meet. I was lucky enough to call this man my friend.

its not going be right with you not there with me on our away travels but every time we play you'll be in mine and all our hearts.

Mate, We hugged. we despaired, we laughed, we cried but most importantly I shared common ground with a truly great friend.

The world can be such a ***** place at times and today I lost my mate. The world lost a great bloke.

Love you Peter Tindall x

I am absolutely gutted by this news, only got to know him recently through travelling on Jimmy's coaches.

I was speaking to him at Newcastle Town and saw him Tuesday at the Leicester game in his smurf shirt and daft bush hat.

You couldn't wish to meet a nicer bloke.

Cant believe it, gutted, just gutted.

I echo these remarks.

Not known him very long,he came over introduced himself and what a nice great guy to to know.A true star in the sky.

So upset reading through all these posts and I can only echo what big ee has said. Absolutely brilliant bloke, Vale through and through and would do anything for you. He's got a Vale tattoo on his heart, so he'll take the Vale with him.

Never been so gutted in my life. RIP mate.

I don't know what to say. I'm totally gob smacked at the present time. Only saw him at the Leicester game on Tuesday in his usual funny hat and smurf shirt sporting a beaming smile! I remember seeing him on the day that Chris Robertson signed and he told me to stay where I was so that I got the photo for OVF! You were always very helpful towards me and I for one will be having a beer for you against Brentford. RIP mate, will be sorely missed xx

I have to admit i have tears in my eyes the more i read this thread.But Pete is well worth such tears.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD

Great and Caring Good Honest People are taken from this life far too easily yet others who seek to Harm,Hurt Others live long .

I Have Never met Pete , However as I had replied to a topic on here last season discussing why fan numbers should be more at that particular time ,why they didnt turn up for matches, I gave my genuine reason of redundancy which was last October and what lasted for over 4 months and i had to cut back on everything including vale, i got this message in my Inbox on OVF :-

In the spirit of Xmas and all that ******, plus wanting a good turnout:

I have a free ticket tomorrow. If you meet me by the ticket office tomoz about 14:30 I will pay you, your dad n son in.

Genuine offer from one fan to another - been there meself.

Txt me on ++++++++++++ if you're interested. No obligation or any balls like that.

BRgds, Pete Tindall. VTID.

Like i say , I HAVE NEVER MET HIM

I did reply and text him a message thanking him, kindly declining as my pride wouldnt/couldnt let me take up the the offer but did say that when i get back on my feet i would gladly buy him a drink for both the offer and the uplifting words in his reply text in my hour of need. I still have the text on my phone and had every intention of buying that drink,alas it will never happen now.

I hope it isnt seen as insensitive to show the message please remove if found incorrect to do so , but it was the only way i could express what a great man to make an unbelievable offer without any wish for a return to a complete stranger other than being linked by a shared love for a football club.

My Utmost Sincere condolences to his family and please let me know of any relevant collection or particular donation, as i would love to contribute on behalf of my family

Pete T you will be missed R.I.P.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD

Great and Caring Good Honest People are taken from this life far too easily yet others who seek to Harm,Hurt Others live long .

I Have Never met Pete , However as I had replied to a topic on here last season discussing why fan numbers should be more at that particular time ,why they didnt turn up for matches, I gave my genuine reason of redundancy which was last October and what lasted for over 4 months and i had to cut back on everything including vale, i got this message in my Inbox on OVF :-

In the spirit of Xmas and all that ******, plus wanting a good turnout:

I have a free ticket tomorrow. If you meet me by the ticket office tomoz about 14:30 I will pay you, your dad n son in.

Genuine offer from one fan to another - been there meself.

Txt me on ++++++++++++ if you're interested. No obligation or any balls like that.

BRgds, Pete Tindall. VTID.

Like i say , I HAVE NEVER MET HIM

I did reply and text him a message thanking him, kindly declining as my pride wouldnt/couldnt let me take up the the offer but did say that when i get back on my feet i would gladly buy him a drink for both the offer and the uplifting words in his reply text in my hour of need. I still have the text on my phone and had every intention of buying that drink,alas it will never happen now.

I hope it isnt seen as insensitive to show the message please remove if found incorrect to do so , but it was the only way i could express what a great man to make an unbelievable offer without any wish for a return to a complete stranger other than being linked by a shared love for a football club.

My Utmost Sincere condolences to his family and please let me know of any relevant collection or particular donation, as i would love to contribute on behalf of my family

Pete T you will be missed R.I.P.

That's made me smile and cry at the same time.

Its a great example of a truly great guy.

He was a genuinely nice bloke who would go a thousand miles to help anyone.

Can't believe I'm reading this! I didn't really know Pete and had only met him a couple of times at meetings and we also exchanged a few pm's but he seemed a really genuine and nice guy!

As others have said he was also one of the best and well reasoned posters on OVF.

My thoughts of with his family

RIP fellow Valiant!