Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

Pete Tindall.....RIP.

Thanks for putting this up Jimmy. I'm devastated. I couldn't comprehend what you were telling me. Pete was an absolutely smashing guy. I've been to our OVF match sponsorships and if you could have just seen him the first time he went. He was like a child at Christmas. Excited wasn't in it. I know we'll all have our own particular memories of Pete but i'm pretty sure they'll all be good memories. Lisa, his partner was expecting his baby and he couldn't wait for his son to be born so that he could take him to see his beloved Port Vale. RIP Pete my friend xxxxxx

Terrible terrible news. My thoughts are with his family. Never a good time for something like this to happen but to have a new born so close makes it even worse. RIP.

Although he was more a friend of others in the family, I met him a few times during various meetings during the troubles/protests/takeovers. Genuinely nice guy and tragic news.

Genuinely haven't felt this gutted in a while. :(

Truly devastating news. Pete was a ****ing amazing bloke, truly one of a kind. Down to earth, reliable and very good company. Such a tragic loss to not only his family, but his friends and the Vale family as a whole. You'd be very lucky if you could find anybody that has a bad word to say about Pete.

R.I.P Pete - gone, but you'll never, ever be forgotten.

I am absolutely gutted by this news, only got to know him recently through travelling on Jimmy's coaches.

I was speaking to him at Newcastle Town and saw him Tuesday at the Leicester game in his smurf shirt and daft bush hat.

You couldn't wish to meet a nicer bloke.

Cant believe it, gutted, just gutted.

:vale:Sorry to hear about the loss of Pete, great guy,Vale thru & thru,:vale: & also condolence to Lisa,tragic new for her too,

Words don't really do justice but there is a brief feature on the OVF front page here. I couldn't write any more as I'm too upset at this moment:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/content/pete-tindall-rip/

I would like to pledge that OVF will not forget Pete's contribution and I will be looking at ways we can remember him on here. But I am off on holiday tomorrow (something overshadowed by this) and so I will hope to post up what OVF plan to do when I have discussed it with the other admin staff.

Pete T - RIP

PeteT.....my experience of the man

When I first attended one of the OVF sponsorship games I knew no one. I had had conversations with Rachel but still hadn't met anyone. Pete was the first person to come over to me and shake my hand and introduce me to the others. A warm, intelligent and charismatic man. On a subsequent game Pete swapped his chance to go on the field before kick off with my lad so that we could go on together. Generous and caring.

The next sponsorship game needs to be dedicated to his memory.

A great loss to this world....

RIP Pete T

Pete and myself only met up last year, but we clicked straight away.......Pete was an amazing person and Vale fan ..He like like my other half was/is a Geordie and they got on house on fire.......He and Freida Bear became best mates........I am personally a ranter a moaning ******* BUT Pete just shugged things off.........I am totally devastated by his loss ....I am heartbroken........Lisa his love is exspecting their firrst born in the next few months.......Dunna worry Lisa i will guarantee his son WILL be appreciated.......

Too choked to write anything proper.

Pete was a guy who never had a bad word for anyone and always had an optimistic and cheery outlook on life. The last time I saw him was at Newcastle Town with Lisa. He looked like he was loving life, absolutely beaming and looking forward to becoming a dad.

It's an absolute tragedy that he's been taken from us when he had so much in front of him.

Top, top bloke.