onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pete Tindall.....RIP.

Jimmy

Advert

I don't know what to say. I'm totally gob smacked at the present time. Only saw him at the Leicester game on Tuesday in his usual funny hat and smurf shirt sporting a beaming smile! I remember seeing him on the day that Chris Robertson signed and he told me to stay where I was so that I got the photo for OVF! You were always very helpful towards me and I for one will be having a beer for you against Brentford. RIP mate, will be sorely missed xx

I have to admit i have tears in my eyes the more i read this thread.But Pete is well worth such tears.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD

Great and Caring Good Honest People are taken from this life far too easily yet others who seek to Harm,Hurt Others live long .

I Have Never met Pete , However as I had replied to a topic on here last season discussing why fan numbers should be more at that particular time ,why they didnt turn up for matches, I gave my genuine reason of redundancy which was last October and what lasted for over 4 months and i had to cut back on everything including vale, i got this message in my Inbox on OVF :-

In the spirit of Xmas and all that ******, plus wanting a good turnout:

I have a free ticket tomorrow. If you meet me by the ticket office tomoz about 14:30 I will pay you, your dad n son in.

Genuine offer from one fan to another - been there meself.

Txt me on ++++++++++++ if you're interested. No obligation or any balls like that.

BRgds, Pete Tindall. VTID.

Like i say , I HAVE NEVER MET HIM

I did reply and text him a message thanking him, kindly declining as my pride wouldnt/couldnt let me take up the the offer but did say that when i get back on my feet i would gladly buy him a drink for both the offer and the uplifting words in his reply text in my hour of need. I still have the text on my phone and had every intention of buying that drink,alas it will never happen now.

I hope it isnt seen as insensitive to show the message please remove if found incorrect to do so , but it was the only way i could express what a great man to make an unbelievable offer without any wish for a return to a complete stranger other than being linked by a shared love for a football club.

My Utmost Sincere condolences to his family and please let me know of any relevant collection or particular donation, as i would love to contribute on behalf of my family

Pete T you will be missed R.I.P.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD

Great and Caring Good Honest People are taken from this life far too easily yet others who seek to Harm,Hurt Others live long .

I Have Never met Pete , However as I had replied to a topic on here last season discussing why fan numbers should be more at that particular time ,why they didnt turn up for matches, I gave my genuine reason of redundancy which was last October and what lasted for over 4 months and i had to cut back on everything including vale, i got this message in my Inbox on OVF :-

In the spirit of Xmas and all that ******, plus wanting a good turnout:

I have a free ticket tomorrow. If you meet me by the ticket office tomoz about 14:30 I will pay you, your dad n son in.

Genuine offer from one fan to another - been there meself.

Txt me on ++++++++++++ if you're interested. No obligation or any balls like that.

BRgds, Pete Tindall. VTID.

Like i say , I HAVE NEVER MET HIM

I did reply and text him a message thanking him, kindly declining as my pride wouldnt/couldnt let me take up the the offer but did say that when i get back on my feet i would gladly buy him a drink for both the offer and the uplifting words in his reply text in my hour of need. I still have the text on my phone and had every intention of buying that drink,alas it will never happen now.

I hope it isnt seen as insensitive to show the message please remove if found incorrect to do so , but it was the only way i could express what a great man to make an unbelievable offer without any wish for a return to a complete stranger other than being linked by a shared love for a football club.

My Utmost Sincere condolences to his family and please let me know of any relevant collection or particular donation, as i would love to contribute on behalf of my family

Pete T you will be missed R.I.P.

That's made me smile and cry at the same time.

Its a great example of a truly great guy.

He was a genuinely nice bloke who would go a thousand miles to help anyone.

Can't believe I'm reading this! I didn't really know Pete and had only met him a couple of times at meetings and we also exchanged a few pm's but he seemed a really genuine and nice guy!

As others have said he was also one of the best and well reasoned posters on OVF.

My thoughts of with his family

RIP fellow Valiant!

RIP Pete.

We only met a few times, you came to watch me race my bike. We drank after promotion. We chatted bikes at Vale Park and Vale at race tracks. A genuine, fun, enthusiastic guy that gave his heart to the things he loved.

My thoughts are with your loved ones.

Ride safe up there friend. x

Pete Tindall was a true gentleman.

He would ring me up 4 hrs before my flight over whilst driving back from Torquay, the day after we had beat them, to ask if i had a lift from Manchester airport. When i replied no im getting the train he instantly said he was coming to pick me up. The man would go out of his way for anyone.

He rung me for a chat around midnight about a month ago! Thats the last time i spoke to him. We spoke about his child and in his voice i could sense the immense anticipation and pride.

He was, i am proud to say, my friend. Although if you were Vale, one meeting with Pete and you became his friend! He was that kind of guy. Vale through and through and a gentleman to boot.

If any man can strive to be half the man Pete Tindall was they are on to a winner.

Goodnight Pete. You will never be forgotten.

Jim Doherty

I woke up this morning realising that my friend and fellow Vale fan Pete Tinsdall was no longer with us after his tragic accident yesterday....I am numb with shock and i am struggling to come to terms with my emotions.....I am personally at times a moody *******...BUT i can say hand on heart that Pete was a very calming influence at times as he was such a steady bloke....He would never have a bad word said about anyone.......The World is NOT a better place today without Pete...I will miss you Pete as you where a true Gent......Miss you loads mate already, Jimmy....Shattered..

I must admit that when I first saw the heading I thought that Jim was referring to a forthcoming marriage of Pete not his death. Jim and I were only talking about Pete and Lisa on Tuesday at the Leicester match when he told me that Pete was about to become a dad.I didn't know him that well but everytime we met he treated me as if he had known me for an age because we were both part of the Port vale family.

So much to live for. How sad for a great feller and especially Lisa who must be in bits and will now have to pick up the pieces.

My sincere thoughts and prayers are with them both and the rest of his family during this tragic time.

Never met pete, but having read through the tributes on here he was a top , top bloke. I consider myself a honest decent bloke but by the sounds of it pete was so well respected by all who knew him, if I got tributes like this I would know I had been one decent bloke. Why oh why are so many good folk taken from us to early I dont know. God bless you pete and your family at this very sad time

Archived