onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Clayton McDonald

oldun

Advert

Grimsby Fan here. Was wondering what 'Big Macs' strengths were and what type of player he will be in the conference. We just missed out on promotion last season. after losing in the play-off semi-final. Looking to go one better this time around. After the best defence in the league last season, will he be up to the job? Thanks, sorry if already covered.

Big solid and strong , will make the odd mistake if under pressure and that's why Micky Adams let him go in the end

He's committed and I would be happy to have him in my conference team.

Just don't expect him to win all his headers, although tall, just doesn't time his jump well enough which is frustrating.

Good luck next year always see Grimsby as a club on par with us over the years, hopefully be a league club again soon !

I wouldn't say crap but he does a manager to help him along because I noticed that any small mistake he made knocked him for the rest of the the game, I think aggression is what he needs in his game because he should be bullying opposition with his physique but comes across as a soft lad. (Wouldn't say that if was stood next to me though!)

Really good signing for you! Was no worse than any of the centre backs that played for us last season! Was superb away at Bradford!

In a way I agree,i really cant fathom all the criticism he gets on here tbh,as you say was certainly no worse than other centre halves at the club and imo was motm(defender wise) in a few games last season too.

Thanks Robbie, Very mixed opinions, time will tell if he can do a good job for us. I'm sure he will be a solid defender in the conference and help us get back into the football league. Good luck for the season.

A friend who is a ST Holder at Walsall says opinion of Mac was pretty much the same there as it was with us. You either love him or hate him.

Be interesting to see if your solid defence helps him to develop or it finds him out as a one dimensional CB with limited ability?

One of the worst players I have ever seen. Unbelievably poor in the air , cant turn , very slow off the mark and lets his man go . Given his height and bulk he should have won all the high balls in both boxes but won very few when challenged. I will concede that once he had the ball at his feet his distribution was tidy.

It is pointless saying he played well in one particular game , virtually every player has done that , its over a season that counts.

One of the worst players you have ever seen,really Nick? again I really cant see that tbh.

Archived