onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Clayton McDonald

oldun

Adams is rather inflexible about staying at target weight. I think Clayton's target might have been a bit lower than he could maintain and that didn't help his cause with Adams. I never looked at him and thought weight was a problem, though.

Although our defensive record last season was one of the best, I genuinely feel that was because the attack was scaring the bejaysus out of the opposition. I though Clayton was an average L2 standard defender and we needed better even last year. For a conference side with a good defence, I think he'll do a job. I wish him all the best, seemed like a decent lad in spite of all the bad press.

Advert

Unfortunately I don't think Clayton was ever Micky's favorite (for whatever reason) and he was loaned out as soon as a replacement could be signed.

I'll always value, Clayton, and any other member of last year's squad, from Pope to Andrew, as a player who made a good contribution to Port Vale.

Best of luck, Big Mac.

Clayton is honestly the best cb ive seen at vale for some time, his distribution is terrific, his height always causes problems in the opposition box, he was a fan favourite and always solid, nakhi wells has said he is the best cb he's played against, youve got yourselves a right coup in clayton, i also recommend calvin andrew, a clinical goalscorer in the football league

As quite a few have already stated, for a man mountain he was too gentle. Pacy, tricky forwards could go past him as though he wasn't there, but he was a trier and gave his all. Sadly not good enough for us but will do a very good job for you. All the best, send some kippers down for us!!!

Never let Vale down in any game I saw him play. Yeah he isn't the complete defender (who is at l2/conf level?) People saying he's not a beast but I never saw him duck out of anything.

Hope Grimsby have a good season. Proper league club. Need the likes of them, luton, Wrexham back and get rid of your Fleetwoods, crawleys and Stevenages.

You may well wish you hadn't asked Grimsby fan, given the wide difference of opinion. There are a small number of posters on here who are right moaners though, so ignore the repeated posts that criticise - you have signed a player who will give you excellent service in that league.

Clayton had a number of superb games for Vale last season, notably at Bradford and in the Cup at Forest Green Rovers. He played a lot of games in the third best defence in a division one above yours.

No player at this level is without some weaknesses, and his heading could sometimes be better. He isn't the quickest player either, but will play with heart and soul and be far better than most of the defenders in the teams you are up against.

The vast majority of us wish him well, he did a good job for us and I am sure he will for Grimsby too.

Yeah, if you have a different opinion on an ex player who you didn't rate, you are a moaner and should be ignored. The rest of the people here think every single player we have signed in the last few years are brilliant. Perhaps you should also look into signing a striker called Danny glover and a brilliant partner for Clayton called Chris slater.

Never understood the stick he got. For the first half of the promotion season, Clayt was in the back two, of course he made mistakes, he's a man mountain league 2 defender.

He will do a good job for Grimsby, and I for one wish him all the best.

Never understood the stick he got. For the first half of the promotion season, Clayt was in the back two, of course he made mistakes, he's a man mountain league 2 defender.

He will do a good job for Grimsby, and I for one wish him all the best.

See thats the problem...he should be but isn't. Of course I wish him well though thats not the point.

You've got to be in the clique mate, either that or only view the site via mobile so you don't see the daftness! ;)

Who knows how many thumbs down this will get, I never will because i can't see them! :)

HA HA ,always use me mobile as I would get depressed as every post I make on owt gets loads of thumbs down :) ... I AM GREBOVALE NO ONE LIKES ME :)

Archived