onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Clayton McDonald

oldun

Advert

We know about his off field history, but what sort of a player have we signed?

Grimsby Town fan in peace

Works hard, amazingly for his height he is actually better at defending when the ball is on the deck, he is not bad on the ball neither.

Do not expect a beast though, he isnt one

Thanks. Other comments on your board seem to be very mixed. I guess time will tell. He will be joining a well organised defence here, one which conceded fewest goals in the conf last season. Very high work ethic here and we do not carry passengers. We are building a squad capable of playing from the back. Is he comfortable on the ball?

Thanks. Other comments on your board seem to be very mixed. I guess time will tell. He will be joining a well organised defence here, one which conceded fewest goals in the conf last season. Very high work ethic here and we do not carry passengers. We are building a squad capable of playing from the back. Is he comfortable on the ball?

yes he is

without trying to sound condescending he isn't good enough for us but definitely good enough for you

I'd say that was right- he'll be more than capable in the BSP. He has the turning circle of a canal barge but he always put a shift in and I really liked him

One of the worst players I have ever seen. Unbelievably poor in the air , cant turn , very slow off the mark and lets his man go . Given his height and bulk he should have won all the high balls in both boxes but won very few when challenged. I will concede that once he had the ball at his feet his distribution was tidy.

It is pointless saying he played well in one particular game , virtually every player has done that , its over a season that counts.

Clayton had two problems that caused a lot of Vale fans to dislike him - his outside football activities, which a lot of Vale Fans could not condone even though he was cleared by a court of Law.

His other problem is that he is a massive coloured bloke who when you look at him you think Christ - don't want to go against him - but in reality he is far too nice and cuddly. He really needs to develop a CONTROLLED aggressive streak. He needs to walk on that pitch and convince himself that he is going to beat everyone fairly and be a commanding presence. Ideally he needs someone along side him who has brains and who is not afraid to kick him up the **** and bully him into being tougher.

Archived