onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portly Vale at WorldNet 2013!

Portly Vale

Supporters team Portly Vale make the trip to Preston this weekend to take part in the annual end of season supporters tournament WorldNet. And they'll be looking the part, thanks to PVFC and the supporters club, who have arranged for the squad to have last seasons kit.

What we do:

Portly Vale iFC are an internet based football club, who follow Vale around the country, taking on fellow supporters teams before the big teams play. Already, for the new season, games have been lined up v Shrewsbury, Sheff Utd and Tranmere to name a few. We play in the iFA League, which last season had over 70 teams enter, where we finished respectably in the top 20, despite a poor away record.

For more info on the IFA: http://www.internetfootball.org.uk/about-the-ifa/

WorldNet:

Having missed out last year, the boys are raring to go this year, and Saturday will see us play 3 group games, against Bury A, Wrexham and Doncaster, along with a friendly v Peterborough. A bit of unknown, as we haven't played any of these sides in recent years.

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/PortlyVale

If you wanna keep up to date on Portly's progress over the weekend, just give us a cheeky follow. It'll be updated regularly with squad news, photo's and results, plus the draw for Sundays knockout phase.

For more Worldnet news, follow @WorldNet2013

Squad:

Manager: Jonny Hancock

Assistant Manager: Jake Murfin

GK: Jason Sarginson

Defence:

Gareth Edgington

Rob Coram

James Higginson ©

Liam Bailey

Alastair Granger

Jonny Hancock

Midfield:

Steve Birks

Dan Berrisford

Jord Dudley

Nath Worthington

Leon Olechnowicz-Simpson

Thomas Lowe

Christoper Gowans

Matthew Goodwin

Forwards:

Aaron Fedtschyschak

Jonathan Jones

Matt Milford

Jordan Yates

Advert

Not at all. I dont think many of the lads knew each other before the association with Vale.

There's a great blend of lads, including some that have been part of the set up for nearly 10 years now.

A lot of effort goes into events like this and the weekly planning of training snd games.

Their efforts are a credit to the club and supporters.

Did I mention too that they've never been banned unlike another team not so far from here ;)

Not at all. I dont think many of the lads knew each other before the association with Vale.

There's a great blend of lads, including some that have been part of the set up for nearly 10 years now.

A lot of effort goes into events like this and the weekly planning of training snd games.

Their efforts are a credit to the club and supporters.

Did I mention too that they've never been banned unlike another team not so far from here ;)

I know most of them personally, nodge, and I know some of them are appalling footballers. ;)

I think the lads know they're limited in some respects. I know them too, I was part of the set up for many a long year.

They deserve credit though for travelling the UK on their own fuel and representing the club in such a positive light.

Last I heard anyway they were 3-3 against Wrexham

Archived