onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale extend window for early bird ticket sales

deak

It's all a bit implausible that

a) people actually write letters these days (sadly) and

b) they arrived in volumes to the extent of being inundated!!

I'd love to know how many letters makes this guy feel inundated.

That kind of waffle & hype works in the Prem, but not in the Fourth Division.

I wrote a very polite letter to Bill Bratt in the small hope that he might respond to a letter that was not abusive in any way, and tried to deliver it on Saturday during the demo outside the main door. the steward wouldn't let me in to deliver it - he said he was too busy to open the door! I left it at the club shop, but doubt I will get a reply.

Advert

What i find interesting is the direct Quotes from Mr Deakin:

The Sentinel: Vale chief executive Perry Deakin said: "We've been inundated by letters from supporters who want to renew their season tickets, but say they budgeted to buy them in May so can't buy them at the 'early-bird' price."

Port Vale Official Site:

Said Chief Executive Perry Deakin: "We have recieved a number of letters from supporters, disappointed that they had saved to buy their season ticket at the 'Early Bird' price in May, only for the discount to run out at the end of April"

As these are direct quotes, i'm assuming they were given to different people, at different times, and the emphasis on the number of letters recieved was exxaggerated in the Sentinel article. Maybe someone should ring up Perry and ask for another direct quote on these letters.... See how many we can get.

The Sentinel comment made me laugh. I can just imagine hundreds or thousands of supporters being so disappointed that they couldn't get the early bird price in May, that they were just compelled to write a letter. Strangely, I didn't see anyone writing this letter of complaint to The Sentinel.

I don't believe a word of it.

Lets give the club and Perry some credit here. An excellent move and further more proof that the club are listening to the fans despite what many people think on here. Take advantage of a fantastic offer and get down to the ticket office.

Perry simply signed off his letter to exsisting season ticket holders 'Ever Valiant'. It wasn't personal it is the slogan for the season ticket campaign. Lets cut him some slack please and give him some credit for taking time out to listen to the valid concerns of loyal supporters. Tik tok, get your season tickets.

Lets give the club and Perry some credit here. An excellent move and further more proof that the club are listening to the fans despite what many people think on here. Take advantage of a fantastic offer and get down to the ticket office.

Perry simply signed off his letter to exsisting season ticket holders 'Ever Valiant'. It wasn't personal it is the slogan for the season ticket campaign. Lets cut him some slack please and give him some credit for taking time out to listen to the valid concerns of loyal supporters. Tik tok, get your season tickets.

3500 on last years dealine day sold

tik tok, some worrying times ahead, when's pay day ?

The fans want change, go and tell your pals in the boardroom that.

Roll on due diligence===

3500 on last years dealine day sold

tik tok, some worrying times ahead, when's pay day ?

I thought it was 157? Or are you getting yout Branstons mixed up with your Daddies, Anthony? These figures are pure scaremongering and do you no favours whatsoever in my honest opinion. Tik tok, ever Valiant.

I thought it was 157? Or are you getting yout Branstons mixed up with your Daddies, Anthony? These figures are pure scaremongering and do you no favours whatsoever in my honest opinion. Tik tok, ever Valiant.

I never agreed with the 157

If its scaremongering, give me an exact figure sold then,

Im not trying to do myself any favours, you know what kind of person I am. Im deeply concerned why the board shun all investment, Im deeply concerned why the boards has totally lost touch with a large number of its paying customers.

I dont think the club fully understand what starve em out means. They can have the early bird offer until the start of next season. As far as I'm concerned they could halve the early bird price. I'm still not going in the ground until the board are gone. I know Mo said if he gets in before the start of next season he will knock 10% off the early bird price. He can add 10% on and I will get one. Its not about the cost of a season ticket. Its about having a board with ambition and a plan to take Port Vale forward.

Talking of doing yourself no favours............pot kettle black I cant wait to see the back of you For whom the bell tolls ===

Hi Perry.

A couple of things to get off my chest.

Firstly i am a Port Vale fan of over 25 years. I now reside in Norway and came over for my 15th game this season against Morecambe. You must therefore see my dedication.

I therefore found your season ticket plea signed off "Ever Valiant" both patronising and pathetic. You are not an "Ever Valiant" never have been and never will be.

Secondly dont try and bull**** the supporters. It doesnt work.

Season ticket sales are woeful. The supporters are fed up. I see you have been inundated with letters about people wanting the deadline extended. The key word here is "inundated". We will see at the end of May what the final total will be. I dare say not even 1000.

I was proud to see Hamil Road full of protestors on Saturday. Were you there "Ever Valiant"?? Were you at the match "Ever Valiant"?

You have no idea the discontent of supporters against the board but will soon realise.

Liars, deceptive, selfish people run our club and you have joined that bandwagon.

I dont wish to starve my club of funds but it is the only way. I will NEVER set foot in Vale Park again until these scumbags have gone and that hurts..... immensely.

Your bull**** about the season ticket deadline extension smacks of desperation and us Vale fans are seeing through the lies this board of directors keep telling us.

I look forward to you trying to get sponsors and the commercial department better when we get gates of less than 3000 next season.

Yours with anger

Paul Machin...... A REAL "Ever Valiant"

is it not a case of simple maths?

3700ish earlybirds last year (minus) 1900ish SEO pledges this year.

So I reckon the final total of sales will be in the region of 1800 at the end of May.

Remember that there are a significant number of fans who don't care for the politics / behind the scenes affairs.

I personally hope they don't sell any ST's until this shower have left the building - but I don't think the final figure will be as dissappointing as several on here are predicting.

Excellent post ST, er wasn't this lifelong Vale fan/forever Valliant Perry the bloke who was going to come on here and answer ALL the TRUE fans questions? Just wondering like as I've not seen it as yet and as he's not too likely to be in his job for much longer he needs to get a move on regarding that one me thinks..........:D

Archived