onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale extend window for early bird ticket sales

deak

Advert

It's all a bit implausible that

a) people actually write letters these days (sadly) and

b) they arrived in volumes to the extent of being inundated!!

I'd love to know how many letters makes this guy feel inundated.

That kind of waffle & hype works in the Prem, but not in the Fourth Division.

I have a question. If Perry has been "inundated" by all of these letters, why wasn't the extension announced sooner? Or did all of the letters arrive at the club yesterday? Arrive by the sack full did the Perry??

This my favourite quote from Deakin:

"From what we've seen in the media and on the internet, we got the impression of a mass protest, but it turns out this has not been the case."

Will someone send this lemon the video link from Saturday and all the pictures that folk have taken because obviously he wasnt at the groun on Saturday and nobody at the club's told him what happened

Dear Mr Deakin,

Thank you for the kind offer of an extension to the early bird season ticket offer. Whilst I am an avid supporter of PVFC I feel that I must decline it for myself and my son (another full price ST holder) as I can't in all conscience give any support to the present board who seem intent on clinging on to power to the detriment of the shareholders, supporters and employees of the club. This is despite the offer of substantial investment by two astute local businessmen, one of them an avowed life-long Vale fan. This makes no sense at all. The will for change among fans and shareholders is now unstoppable and I would prefer to hold on to my hard earned cash and put it behind people with the business acumen, vision and planning to turn this club around. I notice that no verifiable figures on ST sales have been made available, this I think says a lot about the people who you work for.

Regards

What i find interesting is the direct Quotes from Mr Deakin:

The Sentinel: Vale chief executive Perry Deakin said: "We've been inundated by letters from supporters who want to renew their season tickets, but say they budgeted to buy them in May so can't buy them at the 'early-bird' price."

Port Vale Official Site:

Said Chief Executive Perry Deakin: "We have recieved a number of letters from supporters, disappointed that they had saved to buy their season ticket at the 'Early Bird' price in May, only for the discount to run out at the end of April"

As these are direct quotes, i'm assuming they were given to different people, at different times, and the emphasis on the number of letters recieved was exxaggerated in the Sentinel article. Maybe someone should ring up Perry and ask for another direct quote on these letters.... See how many we can get.

What a load of crap. Did anyone on here inundate the club with a letter stating that they cannot afford to renew until May???

I sent Mr Deakin a letter, not this one though, I politly informed him that I wil not be renewing my ST or words to that effect. Think i used a phrase "stick it up your A*S*"

I sent Mr Deakin a letter, not this one though, I politly informed him that I wil not be renewing my ST or words to that effect. Think i used a phrase "stick it up your A*S*"

Quite polite compared to what me and another family member both sent back!

Archived