onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

what sweets next?

steve boomer

Advert

Rayzer,

You are old and wise enough to know that the way forward is to do what Rudge did - keep together the core of your squad to retain the ethos then each season drop a couple of players off the bottom and bring in a couple to the top.

Doug Loft, as skipper, is an integral part of keeping the core together.

Rayzer,

You are old and wise enough to know that the way forward is to do what Rudge did - keep together the core of your squad to retain the ethos then each season drop a couple of players off the bottom and bring in a couple to the top.

It's a good point but it will be a lot more difficult in this day and age(not saying Rudge had it easier) but we had a lot of loyalty in the teams of the late 80s into the 90s. The Foyle's, Porters, Walkers, even Naylor, Bogie all stayed for a long time at the club. Obviously class acts like Guppy, McCarthy, Taylor, Earle moved on but we sold them for good money and re-invested.

I can see what Adams is trying to do, he's going for pace(signings like Mohammed and Tomlin) and getting that ball in the box again. I kept saying last season defenses in the lower league won't clear every ball and defend every cross well that comes into their box, it's partly why Popey and then Hughes did so well. Pace also scares the ****(putting it bluntly) out of some defenders. It's simplistic but if we keep putting that ball in the mixer and with the likes of JMW, Williamson and the 2 new lads above coming into play it's a good basis for the squad!

Rayzer,

I think Loft is possibly the best left back at the club ( I think we should try Jones in midfield ) but if you look back at posts before the start of last season I believed that Griffith would soon be found at first division level and that he would not be in their first time by Christmas and I was proved right. I really Griff as a person but he is not first division class.

Sorry Dave but that is still my opinion of Griff's playing ability.

I wish he'd stop banging on about sweeties. Are we children?

I bet Dario Gradi has been on the blower to Norman for a re-up on liquorice whips.

As long as we dont get the hard centres.:opps:

Come on, the sweetie thing is endearing.

In fact, in true Sun newspaper style I'm going to compile a vaguely sweet sounding XI, they will of course be called Sweet-erborough Utd, managed by Michael Pear-drop with John Fudge as his assistant manager and Howard Kendal Mint Cake as coach. Watch this space.........

Will their ground be located on Quality street ?

Graham McGarry (@GMcGarrySport)

04/07/2013 12:12

Vale busy signing players.

Download the official Twitter app here

Darren Holdcroft ‏@Dazzer_66Boslem 6 Jun

@GMcGarrySport More duff info on Vale signings-no Carter ,no signings all week#sticktorubbishCrewecommentaries

Graham McGarry Graham McGarry ‏@GMcGarrySport 6 Jun

@Dazzer_66Boslem behave lads on holiday #bepatient

Graham McGarry Graham McGarry ‏@GMcGarrySport 6 Jun

@Dazzer_66Boslem thanks for those kind words

This refers to the last prediction McGarry made when he said Vale were signing an experienced midfielder and hinted at it being Carter.

Look for the word "useless" in the dictionary and next to it you will find McGarry's name.

Bradford have signed Mark Yeates a very good payer, he would walk into are side. Jermain Grandison has left Shrewsbury, Him and Robertson at the back??

Grandison has got a very serious injury and might not play for 6 months at least.

But he's a big unit and the type of crowd pleaser who fans like.

Archived