onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

• They’ll probably tell me to bugger off – Tom Pope on the Man City game

robf
    They’ll probably tell me to bugger off – Tom Pope on the Man City game

Veteran striker Tom Pope gave a typically dry interview to the Guardian labelling himself as the “slowest striker in the world” ahead of the team’s game against Manchester City.

Pope will get the chance to lead the Vale line against the FA Cup holders on Saturday evening but any nerves have not dampened his sense of humour.

Following some tongue in cheek tweets about City defender John Stones, Pope is sure of his reception from the opposition saying: “If the Man City players have had a look at what I’ve said, they’ll probably tell me to bugger off.”
    Describing his style of play, Pope described himself as a “carthorse” and added: “I know what I am, I’m the slowest footballer in the world.”

“I’ll come last in any running race but I also know what my strengths are and, if you play to my strengths, I know I am a handful for anyone.”

The gap between the two sides is staggering and former double glazing fitter Pope has a unique take on how he could help the City millionaires adding: “They have all got big houses so if any of them ever need any windows doing, then maybe I’ll give them a call”.

Continue reading They’ll probably tell me to bugger off – Tom Pope on the Man City game at onevalefan.co.uk.

More

• Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Advert