A brief message of reassurance about the personal information we hold on OVF and our commitment to keeping it safe and secure.
A message from Site Owner Rob Fielding
- Many of you will be aware of new GDPR data protection laws that are coming into place.
- As this site requires minimal information, is not selling goods or membership, the new GDPR regulations do not directly affect OVF.
- However, as site owner I agree with the principles behind GDPR and would like to offer the following assurances regarding any data we have.
- OVF is committed to keeping your data safe and secure and will action any request to delete/erase your data as soon as possible.
What we hold
The only information held on our database is as follows:
- Your forum username and password (used to log-on).
- Your email address (used to receive notifications – e.g. password reset, notification of a reply/PM)
- Your IP address (used to prevent multiple sign-ups by one person i.e. prevents spamming)
- The information you submit to OVF (public information such as post replies and private information such as PMs)
Protection of your data
- Only the site owner (Rob Fielding) has access to the database which holds the above information. Private messages and passwords are encripted and are not possible for Rob to read (only to delete).
- OVF does not sell or pass on any of the above information to any third parties with the following exceptions: formal requests from legal firms or the police.
- OVF does not market any products to you via your email address.
Access to this site
There is no automatic right to access OVF. The “right to free speech” argument does not apply as it is a privately owned website where access is only given after agreement to our terms and conditions. The site owner will prevent access if he feels it is a appropriate to do so. His decision is final and is not subject to debate.
If you want to remove your details
- Please notify the site owner Rob Fielding (the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The site owner will delete your information from our databases
- We also keep back-ups of the site which are done on a daily basis. It will take a week for your information to be removed from our backups.
- The site owner will confirm when all your information has been removed.