Manager Neil Aspin spoke to the media ahead of the match against Swindon Town and gave updates on Tyler Denton, Anton Forrester and Ben Whitfield.
In the conversation Aspin said:
- There is “no problem whatsoever” with Tyler Denton who was dropped from the squad last weekend. He added that the player has “shown a good attitude since he was left out last week… very positive reaction.”
- Aspin said that he was meeting with striker Anton Forrester, who played 45 minutes for the reserves after returning from injury. Aspin added that it was “very much down to him – the only way anyone benefit is if he is playing games regularly.”
- He ruled out adding any free agents to his squad saying that experience tells him that it is unlikely that anyone available would be able to come straight into the squad. He said his priority was working with the players he had got.
- Aspin also confirmed that winger Ben Whitfield could be out for 4-5 weeks after being injured against Exeter City
- The Vale manager said that Director of Football John Rudge was enjoying his role and he was “someone we can all speak to”
- Finally, Aspin said the squad was prepared and “we have a plan” for the Swindon Town game but “it’s down to the players”
This video is from the official Port Vale YouTube channel.
Think Vale are a good bet to extend their run under Neil Aspin? Check out some tips for football accumulator bets and see how you fare at the weekend.
Click play to watch.