OVF is pleased to announce the launch of a completely FREE of charge app for both Apple and Android users.
The app will enable you to browse our front page blog features and read/post in the forum. It is based on the popular Tapatalk platform but is completely bespoke for this website.
Android users please click on the Google Play button to download, Apple users please click on the App store button to download:
Tell me more about the app
- It is fast and very simple to use
- It was developed by Tapatalk for the OVF forum and uses the same interface that Tapatalk users will be familiar with.
- It is completely free of charge although it is costing onevalefan.co.uk a monthly fee so like the main OVF website some adverts will be displayed. OVF intends to make these as unobtrusive as possible.
- You will be able to see both the forum AND the latest blog posts making this a significant step forward from our previous app.
- It is available for both Android and Apple users.
Why have you developed this app?
In line with many other websites, OVF’s traffic reports show that well over half our users will access the site using a mobile or tablet device. Rob has taken steps to make the site mobile and tablet friendly and the responsive style does enable users to easily access the site via a mobile browser.
However, research shows that many people much prefer to access content on phones and tablets via apps rather than using a browser. There is more immediacy in using an app (you don’t need to type the URL in) and you can keep in touch simply by pressing the OVF app icon.
However, previous apps were unable to combine BOTH elements of the website – that is the forum AND the blog features in one single application – until this application (which displays both) became available.
Is it free?
Yes the app is completely free to use. However, this new application is costing Rob a monthly fee and so for that reason a) it will contain some adverts and b) if you do want to make a donation to the site’s upkeep to help pay for the app and other monthly costs it would be appreciated.
What about the old app?
All users of the old app are advised to switch over to this new app. The new app is free of charge and we will no longer be supporting the old app (although users can still use it if they wish to do so).
I’ve spotted a problem
Do tell Rob via his email address firstname.lastname@example.org However, this app is a third-party application so Rob will only be able to report the problem on and not directly fix it.