Time at club: 2008-2012, 2013
The tough-tackling midfielder had three spells with the club.
Griffith was first signed by Lee Sinnott on a free transfer from Doncaster Rovers in 2008. He was originally a regular in the side either in midfield or at right-back but he fell out of favour when Dean Glover took over from Sinnott.
Griffith returned to the side under Micky Adams and was named as player of the year in 2010 but he left the club to join Leyton Orient in 2012.
Adams brought Griffith back on loan in January 2013 and the midfielder was a regular in the closing stages of Vale’s promotion campaign.
The loan move was then turned into a permanent move in July 2013 and Griffith had one season in League One before being released.
Griffith was also capped by the Montserrat national side while at Vale Park and he captained the side for both his International appearances.
- Former midfielder Anthony Griffith forced to retire
- Former Valiants: Griffith links up with Sinnott
- Former Valiants: Duo move on
- Former Valiants: Morsy wanted?
- Anthony Griffith
- Cult Hero 39: Anthony Griffith
- Griffith joins Shrewsbury Town
- Former Valiant Griffith joins Harrogate
- Released Vale duo net Mansfield trials
- OVF's verdict on the retained list
- Griffith released, Knott offered deal
- Griffith: County game will be a battle
- Double injury blow for Valiants
- Double doubt for Vale
- Loft hails defensive duo
- Grimmer gets first MOTM award
- Griffith ready to 'go into battle'
- Preston praise 'professional' Griffith
- Adams praises 'key' player Griffith
- Third award for Griffith
- Two in a row for returning Griffith
- The International Valiants club
- Griffith is OVF's star performer versus Brentford
- Give Griff a break...
- Griffith back for third Vale spell
[box style=”light-gray rounded” ]
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: