Time at club: 2009-2018
A locally-born attacking full-back and former trialist who was signed on a free transfer in 2009.
Over the years, Yates had lost his first-team place to the likes of Rob Kozluk, Richard Duffy, Freddie Veseli and Ben Purkiss but has more often than not he had battled back to become a first-team contender.
He signed a new one-year contract in the summer of 2015 and was loaned to Northampton Town in September 2015 before he returned and agreed a new one-year deal in 2016.
However, he missed the whole of the 2016-17 season through injury but after he returned to playing in the summer of 2017 he signed a new contract with the club. He was then loaned out to Macclesfield Town.
However, after suffering a horrific facial injury while playing for the reserves, the then longest-serving player for the club was forced to retire in 2018.
- Yates named as ambassador of leading police youth campaign
- Tom Pope is FIRST player to win POTY on three occasions
- John Rudge and Adam Yates at Supporters Club Meeting
- Adam Yates retires from playing
- A good Friday for Port Vale FC
- Well done Port Vale! Club extends Adam Yates contract
- Port Vale deny reports that Adam Yates will be released
- Adam Yates undergoes three and a half hours surgery
- OVF viewers send messages of support to Adam Yates
- Neil Aspin reveals "horrendous" Adam Yates injury
- Veteran defender Adam Yates injured in reserves win
- Michael Brown gives updates on Wilson, Barnett and Yates injuries
- Mixed news for right-backs as Yates returns but Wilson is injured
- Loan watch: Port Vale keeper's spell begins with a win
- Port Vale loan Adam Yates to Macclesfield Town
- Port Vale confirm Adam Yates has agreed a new deal
- Yates and new signing Wilson in squad to face Buxton
- Adam Yates set to sign Port Vale contract
- Yates out for seven months leaving Vale short of left-back cover
- Vale await Adam Yates injury news?
- Vale confirm squad (which includes Lloyd, Yates and Haughton)
- Page: Reliable Yates shows my contract offer was correct
- Team News: Yates starts for Valiants
- Adam Yates returns to Port Vale
- Vale loanwatch
[box style=”light-gray rounded” ]
Hundreds of records of Port Vale players | Back to database homepage
Or search our database using the form below: