onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The perils of +1

Couldn't get to Vale today - blame it on it being St. Patrick's Day and I go to St. Patrick's Church - so the wife and I settled down to watch the 6 Nations game between England and Ireland on ITV.

The game was going on with Ireland in the lead, but England staying in touch, when I decided to go on the Web to see how Vale were getting on. Having done so I followed a link to the 6 Nations, thinking I'd be seeing some comment on some of the more controversial refereeing decisions, only to read 'Ireland win Grand Slam 24-15'. Thinking someone at the BBC had made a huge mistake, maybe making a trial headline live or something, I told the other half. It then slowly dawned that we weren't watching the game live; last night I'd been watching ITV1 +1 and the Sky box had gone there automatically I switched on this afternoon. I hadn't picked up on the time on the clock being out of sync with the game time.

Cue herself going mad for spoiling the end of the game for her. Assuming I'm not in the spare room tonight I'm sure it'll look a lot better in the morning.

2. Advert Advert

With the Druids in sometimes sunny Nth Wales
    The bigger peril was probably watching the “egg chasing” in the first place. If you have to watch the oval ball game, at least make it the X111 a side variety, where tries are the order of the day unlike its poorer XV a side version.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatwave View Post
    Couldn't get to Vale today - blame it on it being St. Patrick's Day and I go to St. Patrick's Church - so the wife and I settled down to watch the 6 Nations game between England and Ireland on ITV.

The game was going on with Ireland in the lead, but England staying in touch, when I decided to go on the Web to see how Vale were getting on. Having done so I followed a link to the 6 Nations, thinking I'd be seeing some comment on some of the more controversial refereeing decisions, only to read 'Ireland win Grand Slam 24-15'. Thinking someone at the BBC had made a huge mistake, maybe making a trial headline live or something, I told the other half. It then slowly dawned that we weren't watching the game live; last night I'd been watching ITV1 +1 and the Sky box had gone there automatically I switched on this afternoon. I hadn't picked up on the time on the clock being out of sync with the game time.

Cue herself going mad for spoiling the end of the game for her. Assuming I'm not in the spare room tonight I'm sure it'll look a lot better in the morning.
    Just to make clear is the peril of +1 referring to the tv channel or the fact that you are married. I know the greater danger in my life!

Quote Originally Posted by RailwayRowdy View Post
    The bigger peril was probably watching the “egg chasing” in the first place. If you have to watch the oval ball game, at least make it the X111 a side variety, where tries are the order of the day unlike its poorer XV a side version.
    Rugby union is class to watch.

6. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Heatwave View Post

Could only happen to you Mel !

When the players have barged into each other, then all jumped on top of each other, then pushed and mauled each other and pulled each others shirts the referee awards a penalty. I just can't figure out which attacking player or incident was the foul.

Quote Originally Posted by valiant_593 View Post
    As long as you don’t mind the ball being continually kicked into touch and the majority of scores coming from the boot. Why not attempt to score a try now and again ?

Quote Originally Posted by RailwayRowdy View Post
    As long as you donít mind the ball being continually kicked into touch and the majority of scores coming from the boot. Why not attempt to score a try now and again ?
    There were plenty of tries yesterday. Ireland were class , playing the game to perfection .

I watched the second half of the 2011 FA Cup final on ITV+1

Quote Originally Posted by valiant_593 View Post
    It is class, and the players conduct themselves well. Once the ref explains a call thatís it , over and done with, unlike the whinging moaners in football.

13. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Valiant View Post
    There were plenty of tries yesterday. Ireland were class , playing the game to perfection .
    Yes, 6 in fact which in Union terms is a try fest. But rarely in League would you see LESS than 6. I appreciate that although both codes are rugby, they are basically different sports. Union is about field position, hence the continued boot into the grandstands, whereas as League has no line outs they run the ball more. But at the end of the day, in League the ball is always in play, whereas in Union the ball is either at the bottom of a maul or in the terracing. Personal preference I suppose, but generally speaking people who like Union have never watched League.

15. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and youíll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated