onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Port Vale postpone game against Exeter City

Port Vale’s game against Exeter City on Tuesday evening has been postponed. An early pitch inspection revealed that the pitch was waterlogged and unfit for the game to take place. The news was announced on the official Port Vale website on Tuesday morning. A short statement read: Areas of the Vale Park pitch have been […]

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

2. Advert Advert

Despite having a groundsman there tending the pitch and no game on it in 10 days? Or was it used for reserve games in the meantime?

It's not like we've had particularly heavy rain or snow.

4. Poster thanked by

Think it's mad given the weather that a pro side can have a match called off. It has snowed and rained a bit but nothing out of the ordinary. Just like everything at the vale. Useles.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    Despite having a groundsman there tending the pitch and no game on it in 10 days? Or was it used for reserve games in the meantime?

It's not like we've had particularly heavy rain or snow.
    The pitch is not in great shape as we mentioned on another thread but like you it puzzles me why the game should be off. Don't we put covers on if rain is forecast? Something must have gone wrong with the drains in recent weeks because although we've had a fair bit of rain it should be dry later and never in a month of Sundays was I expecting it to be postponed.

It feels a bit like the Mk Dons postponement last season which was deeply suspicious!

Shame,I was looking forward to the game and a munch on one of Sharons’ baps in the Leopard ,pre match.

At least we did not loose the match. Chance for the staff to sort out the issues with the players on the pitch.

I would have been astonished if it had been on in view of the state of the pitch after the last game and the amount of rain/snow we've had.

11. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    The pitch is not in great shape as we mentioned on another thread but like you it puzzles me why the game should be off. Don't we put covers on if rain is forecast? Something must have gone wrong with the drains in recent weeks because although we've had a fair bit of rain it should be dry later and never in a month of Sundays was I expecting it to be postponed.
    .... whereas never in a month of Sundays did I expect it to be on !!! A boggy pitch, a bit of snow and rain on and off for most of the morning meant I would have been amazed had it been on.

We have had loads of rain snow and hail over the last 10 days and the pitch was a bog before that. Not surprised really. We have covers but they are for frost prevention not rain protection. I feel sorry for Speedy if the pitch won't drain its an impossible job for the groundstaff to prevent the pitch from being playable for the amount of wet weather we have had in the last 3 months.

14. Poster thanked by

Administrator Admin team
    Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    It feels a bit like the Mk Dons postponement last season which was deeply suspicious!
    In what way suspicious?
    *Every new day is a new beginning with new horizons (Barry Edge)
    *Supporting Port Vale, for real supporters, is something that's in your blood. You can't turn it off like a tap (Paul Machin)

16. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and you’ll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated