onevalefan.co.ukonevalefan.co.uk
Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Why does the club keep losing money????

Ok, so it seems Smurf has been having conversations via Twitter suggesting the money off the Hugill transfer will go towards the budget shortfall every season. So simple question really, why is it since the days of V2001 does the club continue to lose money.
    How can clubs that receive less income through gate receipts achieve better results either on the pitch or on the balance sheet.
    Smurf may say it's because of attendances being down, however compared to last Season there does not seem a vast reduction. Judging by losing Gunning and Aspin saying we have spent little in the window, surely it cannot be on players wages / signings.
    If as Smurf says he's spent £500k on getting rid of players over the last 2 seasons, surely that his down to his failed Bruno experiment which he said he would cover himself.
    So other than mismanagement what is going fundamentally wrong season upon season.

Sent from my [device_name] using the onevalefan mobile app

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert Advert

Simply fans donít pay to come if we are in league 1, 2 or the national league. Itís always the clubs fault and everyone thinks we should give away tickets and charge £15 entry. The issue is even if we were in league 1 with £15 entry the gate would be 5500 most weeks. On top of that fans think we should spend millions on players and have two fantastic players in every position.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Administrator Admin team
    How many clubs in L1 and L2 do not lose money? Clubs have good spells and poor spells, some have windfalls like big cup games or transfer deals. If you want to make a small fortune from football start with a big one.

Ok, itís been mentioned before, but the marketing department really is crap.
    Since the launch of the season ticket deals a few weeks ago, has anyone seen any advertising about this? It wasnít even advertised on the score board at the Colchester game.
    All the pubs in Burslem do well out of the vale on a matchday, how about an A4 sized poster in all the pubs for starters. A big notice board out side the ground facing Hamil road advertising the next match, something a lot of clubs do.
    Contacting lapsed season ticket holders via email,allowing clubshop gift vouchers to be redeemed against the cost of season tickets, that way folks could buy a 5 or 10£ voucher each week or get them for birthdays or Xmas etc.thats just off the top of my head and Iíve got absolutely no experience in sales or marketing.

Because of incompetent management.

Of course Matt Holland is straight in to deflect blame from Abnorm and instead blame the fans. Like clockwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattholl View Post
    Simply, itís always the clubs fault
    The only sense in that post Matt. Failure to understand that it's their role to attract fans (customers) is a huge part of the problem.

9. Poster thanked by

Quote Originally Posted by Family Stand Terrier View Post
    The only sense in that post Matt. Failure to understand that it's their role to attract fans (customers) is a huge part of the problem.

Itís part of their role to attract fans, itís also the job of the fans to turn up which ours havenít for some time

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Not only are we losing money, we're going backwards as a club in the process.

12. Poster thanked by

Itís part of their role to attract fans, itís also the job of the fans to turn up which ours havenít for some time

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app
    Which is their right, it's their money, and the product is poor. If a gym was losing money, would it be it's past members fault for not renewing their membership, or the management for not retaining existing members and attracting new?

Simply fans don’t pay to come if we are in league 1, 2 or the national league. It’s always the clubs fault and everyone thinks we should give away tickets and charge £15 entry. The issue is even if we were in league 1 with £15 entry the gate would be 5500 most weeks. On top of that fans think we should spend millions on players and have two fantastic players in every position.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan
    I’ve been going 47 years, in that time all but 4 or 5 years have been spent in leagues 1 and 2 and never in the nation league so that point is flawed.

What Doha said. On Norman's own figures posted here nett commercial income is zero. Mat *** is just mindlessly defending Smurthwaite's incompetence as is usual.
    Last edited by Aussie Rules; 02-02-18 at 12:57 AM.

16. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and youíll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated