Close
Login to Your Account
onevalefan - Powered by vBulletin

Hot Topics
Latest Posts Loading...

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator Admin team

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester Utd

Time for a steady performance to bring in 3 points. The ups and downs of football are not good for the nerves, and new players need time to settle, but am always hopeful of a memorable home debut. We seem to do better against the higher placed teams, but need to wrap the game up in the first half if possible to settle the nerves.

2. Poster thanked by

3. Advert Advert

Well after witnessing the last two performances i hope we can move some players on before the next game .
    My Team
    Lainton
    Gibbons Anderson Jules
    Worrall Tonge Kay Montano
    Hannant
    Pope Harness
    Its a 3 -4-1-2 formation with added Height at the back ,Montanos speed on the left and Worrall on the right ,the new lad in a hole looks a clever good footballer to me and Pope and Harness to close down from the front and lead the charge the other way .
    i wonder how many second half hat trick of goals this season have we conceded ,of the top of my head Swindon ,Mansfield Accrington for threegames where first half we didnt remotely look like conceding few twos Grimsby Accrington at home etc .
    We lack courage to keep the ball out of our net .
    Something needs to change theres a weak mentality amongst certain individuals .
    I spent over 100 quid on me and my son on sat for the awayday after all that encouragement we vocally gave first half to lose like that was absurd .
    But it keeps happening and its to often for my liking .
    Certain players need to be moved on ,dropped and lets c if any of the others have the mental strength that Aspo used play with

Sent from my [device_name] using the onevalefan mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Vale fan in Alsager View Post
    Well after witnessing the last two performances i hope we can move some players on before the next game .
    My Team
    Lainton
    Gibbons Anderson Jules
    Worrall Tonge Kay Montano
    Hannant
    Pope Harness
    Its a 3 -4-1-2 formation with added Height at the back ,Montanos speed on the left and Worrall on the right ,the new lad in a hole looks a clever good footballer to me and Pope and Harness to close down from the front and lead the charge the other way .
    i wonder how many second half hat trick of goals this season have we conceded ,of the top of my head Swindon ,Mansfield Accrington for threegames where first half we didnt remotely look like conceding few twos Grimsby Accrington at home etc .
    We lack courage to keep the ball out of our net .
    Something needs to change theres a weak mentality amongst certain individuals .
    I spent over 100 quid on me and my son on sat for the awayday after all that encouragement we vocally gave first half to lose like that was absurd .
    But it keeps happening and its to often for my liking .
    Certain players need to be moved on ,dropped and lets c if any of the others have the mental strength that Aspo used play with

Not sure about the ability of Montano to defend , doesn't strike me as a worker who will be a good wing back.
    Agreed on Smith being left out. Far worse in this division than he was against better players last year ( but still learning his trade )

Odd to think a month ago this was a clash of the two form teams... now both are in poor form.

I'd give Jules a run at left back or play a 3 center half system.

4 points minimum from the next 2 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by valefan16 View Post
    Odd to think a month ago this was a clash of the two form teams... now both are in poor form.

Spot on VF16, 5 without a win including some very poor results.
    If it is to be 4 points which is bare minimum we need to take the full 3 off Morecambe.

Will Doug Loft be involved....didn't he go to Colchester?

Wasn't even on the bench on Saturday Smithie, unused sub the week before.
    Good servant to Vale, injury prone player but still played very important part .

We certainly need something from this one, for me aspin has to change it, the midfield for me is just way off the pace, we can't keep picking Kay and tongue together. I'd certainly look to drop tongue, as well as boot who just isn't football league standard and Pugh who is way past his best.

Lainton

Gibbons
    Smith
    Anderson
    Jules

Worrall
    Kay
    Hannant
    Harness

Whitfield
    Pope

Ryan Innes also plays for them doesn't He? Cast iron certainty to be booked if he plays as he was booked in every game for us wasn't He?

Quote Originally Posted by valiant_593 View Post
    We certainly need something from this one, for me aspin has to change it, the midfield for me is just way off the pace, we can't keep picking Kay and tongue together. I'd certainly look to drop tongue, as well as boot who just isn't football league standard and Pugh who is way past his best.

Lainton

Gibbons
    Smith
    Anderson
    Jules

Worrall
    Kay
    Hannant
    Harness

Whitfield
    Pope
    Thatís what I would go with.

Hannant had a good game the other day from what Iíve heard. He Should be a bit more settled and less nervous after a full week of training with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by valefan16 View Post

It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't go 3 at the back as Jules is supposed to have pace,my concern is with Pugh and Tonge tbh but Aspin seems to like them

14. Poster thanked by

15. Advert Advert

FREE Prediction Leagues
We have three Predictions League that are FREE to play. They are hosted by our friends at Stats FC and youíll need to register (for free) with them to play. Links to the three leagues are below:

League Two
Premier League
Champions League

sponsored by:

VALIANT WINDOW CLEANING SERVICE
Contract/domestic work undertaken.
Can clean upto 60ft
Call/text Adam on 0774 2916 242
Email: adamfozzer@hotmail.co.uk

On this day...

From the frontpage
Advert

This site is a sports website and does contain occasional adverts and features about gambling. If you require help and advice on gambling we recommend these links: Information on protecting young people | Addiction help from gambleaware.co.uk
OVF backs the Port Vale Supporters Club and Valiants against Racism. We support the Football Supporters Federation, Show Racism the Red Card and Football vs Homophobia organisations. We donate to chosen charities the Donna Louise Trust and the Douglas MacMillan Hospice. OVF deplores discrimination and violence. We use cookies to enhance your experience | Cookie and Privacy policy
Content and images (c) onevalefan.co.uk unless stated